Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This whole fiasco has Jeff Kennett’s grubby prints all over it.

His comments in the last few days don’t sit right.

He knows this won’t impact Hawthorn long term as they were already going through a process of reviewing how they deal with indigenous players due to his crap with Rioli.

This is his final * you to Clarkson.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So how long until Gil updates us on wtf is going on?

Unless I've missed some stuff he's barely said a word after the first few days.
Which is probably why clarko and fagan are rethinking their positions on not coaching until this is over. First it was 6 weeks, now if could be 6 months.

There will be change, I have no doubt.

The paralysis of the AFL over the last couple weeks is basically an admission that they haven't got a clue how to handle situations like this. And there will be plenty of clubs with similar stories, so we'll need an organisational response.
I agree we will. Hope it's a good one.

On CPH2069 using BigFooty.com mobile app

in Gils defence its the standard modus operandi of all corporate entities. he hardly has the monopoly on it. the place i work at has a internal social media thingy called yammer, you want to read some of the tripe that gets peddled out on that, and its only an internal thing. im actually surprised there isnt a conga line of RSI claims from all the chestbeating and backslapping on it.

fwiw it would appear the people who rolled it out never checked the dictionalry meaning of the word either before naming their product,
Or they knew exactly what it meant but knew the people in suits wouldn't.

On CPH2069 using BigFooty.com mobile app

natio

Senior List
Sep 13, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sorry to intrude. But after having a read of this thread, just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see a variety of views and opinions discussed, entertained and tolerated.

On the Hawks thread, if you dont toe the company line and agree that Clarkson is the next Hitler, or if you suggest there might be another side, you get called a racist and bigot by the mods. And if you call out the abusive behaviour of the mods you get banned! Haha. Ridiculous.

Keep up the good work. I've got a feeling you guys and Clarko will be ok.

JGreezy

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sorry to intrude. But after having a read of this thread, just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see a variety of views and opinions discussed, entertained and tolerated.

On the Hawks thread, if you dont toe the company line and agree that Clarkson is the next Hitler, or if you suggest there might be another side, you get called a racist and bigot by the mods. And if you call out the abusive behaviour of the mods you get banned! Haha. Ridiculous.

I agree. There's a lot of comments in here that I have disagreed with, a few that I've found offensive or embarrassing. But if you censor them you end up with an echo chamber that benefits nobody.

As long as people are civil with their opinions it should be allowed.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team

Admittedly early on but what I saw on the Hawks board wasn't too bad - fair bit of blame at Kennett, concern about what this would do to the club etc.

Haven't read this thread in hours and only like 15 new posts.

Something big must have gone down.
hows-the-serenity-serenity.gif

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
I'm trying to remain positive that this will work out okay for us.
However we need some communication from the AFL asap.
As trade period is starting, we have trade deals that need to be done.
Players need to know who will be coaching them when preseason starts.
Or more players like JHF will want out.
This could completely destroy our 2023 and beyond.

Yeah, I feel for you lot. It isn't your fault and this hand grenade fell in your lap at the worst possible time. While it is wrong to presume the outcome of an investigation the AFL should be able to speak to enough people this week to see which way the cookie crumbles. If it does go the way I think it will they should allow you replace the coach and promise to cover any payout necessary so this doesn't ruin your list management.

This aged well...:think: Anyway (brushes oneself off, gets up, starts again) onwards.
I think we all have to delete a few posts (don’t delete a 60 like post though).

We all defended his s**t behaviour and actions all year and then he packs up and leaves straight away. Probably why so many are angry.

With Sonja already confirming Clarkson won't start on November 1st, you have to wonder when we'll know for sure if he's coaching. This whole thing could drag out months or years.

Mr Cookd

Draftee
Oct 2, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With Sonja already confirming Clarkson won't start on November 1st, you have to wonder when we'll know for sure if he's coaching. This whole thing could drag out months or years.
This is probably my biggest worry from all this. The club can handle losing Clarko. It'd be devastating, it'd hurt us, but we can find another coach and we can move on.

What will really hurt us is going into 2023 without any certainty. How do we seriously engage with alternatives when we can't even guarantee them a position will be available? Patch did well as a caretaker, but there's only so long you can get by with a caretaker coach without having a definitive long-term vision.

Suggestions are the AFL is hopeful it will be resolved by Christmas, but I doubt it. Time to bite the bullet and publicly state that Clarko will start on Nov 1st - let the AFL stand him down then rather than North. The management of this issue is just a joke right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back