Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions are the AFL is hopeful it will be resolved by Christmas, but I doubt it. Time to bite the bullet and publicly state that Clarko will start on Nov 1st - let the AFL stand him down then rather than North. The management of this issue is just a joke right now.
How would the playing group feel about this? In particular, the indigenous players.

I don't think she has said that.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You're right - wasn't Sonja but was in the club's statement.

“Alastair was due to commence work with North Melbourne on November 1 however he will delay the start of his tenure to allow time to fully participate in the investigation."

Wonder if Yze still thinks we’re beyond coachable if he’s missed out twice and we need to replace.

I want Clarkson badly but worried this may stick with him regardless of outcome. I would sssume pre season he will be zooming in or walkie talkie from a car in the parking lot of Arden St

How would the playing group feel about this? In particular, the indigenous players.
In todays world of technology you can’t tell me Jy hasn’t reached out to Shaun Burgoyne and/or Buddy Franklin to find out what kind of coach Clarko truely is towards the indigenous players, who the complainants we’re and if they’re legit or charlatans..

The moment Cunners was diagnosed with Cancer, Sam Docherty reached out to him.

They all talk.

In todays world of technology you can’t tell me Jy hasn’t reached out to Shaun Burgoyne and/or Buddy Franklin to find out what kind of coach Clarko truely is towards the indigenous players, who the complainants we’re and if they’re legit or charlatans..

The moment Cunners was diagnosed with Cancer, Sam Docherty reached out to him.

They all talk.
Maybe you're right, but even if Jy/other Indigenous players did, we have no idea how those conversations went.

Burgoyne hasn't exactly thrown unconditional support behind Clarko. He's said that the allegations are a shock to him and that he was unaware of them, but that's about it, and for all we know he's far more inclined to believe the accuser's story than anyone else's.

Buddy is known to have some issues with Clarko, for all we know he'll be hammering home how much of a dickhead he sees Clarko to be.

They might reach out to Cyril Rioli, who left Hawthorn due to issues with management. He hasn't specifically named Clarko as the problem there, but again, we have no idea what his real opinions on the man are.

Point here isn't to bash Clarko and tell everyone he's gone, but just to emphasise that it's possible our Indigenous players will gather all the information they can and come to the conclusion they're not comfortable playing for him. If they make that decision, I don't think anyone here is in a position to tell them they're wrong to do so.

Maybe you're right, but even if Jy/other Indigenous players did, we have no idea how those conversations went.

Burgoyne hasn't exactly thrown unconditional support behind Clarko. He's said that the allegations are a shock to him and that he was unaware of them, but that's about it, and for all we know he's far more inclined to believe the accuser's story than anyone else's.

Buddy is known to have some issues with Clarko, for all we know he'll be hammering home how much of a dickhead he sees Clarko to be.

They might reach out to Cyril Rioli, who left Hawthorn due to issues with management. He hasn't specifically named Clarko as the problem there, but again, we have no idea what his real opinions on the man are.

Point here isn't to bash Clarko and tell everyone he's gone, but just to emphasise that it's possible our Indigenous players will gather all the information they can and come to the conclusion they're not comfortable playing for him. If they make that decision, I don't think anyone here is in a position to tell them they're wrong to do so.
Yes - I was also going to say that while players can chat, there’s no reason to assume North players would only reach out to or only hear from Clarkson fans.

Fair point and needs to be considered. But this is destroying us right now and something needs to be forced to hasten the process. What else can we do? We are in limbo until next year? FFS.

I am sure there is work going on behind the scenes explaining the situation to them. Clarko probably already had meetings with the indigenous boys.

My point is more about forcing the issue. I'm not sure how we can just wait until next year before this is decided.
100% we should be prepared for him to start on Nov1, and I am sure we are already doing that

I am sure there is work going on behind the scenes explaining the situation to them. Clarko probably already had meetings with the indigenous boys.
You would kind of expect that this has already been addressed. If the players were uncomfortable then it'd have got out.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be pushing the AFL on this hearing. Its damaging our club badly, if there are no formal (legal) charges against Clarkson then its a workplace issue and should be treated as such. It should only be the AFL and Hawthorn dealing with these players unless charges are made.

Fagan keeping away during Trade Period​

Brisbane's general manager of football Danny Daly says there is no rule barring Chris Fagan from contributing to trade period discussions, but the Lions coach has been keeping his distance.

Fagan has stood down pending the AFL's investigation into Hawthorn's treatment of First Nations players during Fagan's time at the Hawks.

"It's only early doors, but as a footy club, we've spoken about a few 'what ifs' and 'what happens', but as far as we're concerned, once we know where the investigation lands, and how long it might take, we'll keep working through what we need to do," Daly said.

"Everyone's gone on holidays in terms of our players and staff, they'll be away for six weeks, so we've got a bit of time to decide what we need to do if the players come back when Fages isn't back.

"He'll concentrate on what he needs to concentrate on in terms of the investigation. There's a bit of work to get through there, as you can imagine. I haven't spoken to him at all about the players coming into the organisation, the Dunkleys and the Gunstons et cetera, he hasn't spoken to them either, and we'll continue to work through what we need to work through."

- Sarah Black

We should be pushing the AFL on this hearing. Its damaging our club badly, if there are no formal (legal) charges against Clarkson then its a workplace issue and should be treated as such. It should only be the AFL and Hawthorn dealing with these players unless charges are made.
I'd be staggered if we aren't doing that already.

If Clarkson has nothing to hide then he starts immediately. * waiting for the AFL and every do gooder out there to finalise the composition of the investigating body who will take 6 months deciding what the AFL has already decided, a convenient, manufactured PC outcome.

Fagan keeping away during Trade Period​

Brisbane's general manager of football Danny Daly says there is no rule barring Chris Fagan from contributing to trade period discussions, but the Lions coach has been keeping his distance.

Fagan has stood down pending the AFL's investigation into Hawthorn's treatment of First Nations players during Fagan's time at the Hawks.

"It's only early doors, but as a footy club, we've spoken about a few 'what ifs' and 'what happens', but as far as we're concerned, once we know where the investigation lands, and how long it might take, we'll keep working through what we need to do," Daly said.

"Everyone's gone on holidays in terms of our players and staff, they'll be away for six weeks, so we've got a bit of time to decide what we need to do if the players come back when Fages isn't back.

"He'll concentrate on what he needs to concentrate on in terms of the investigation. There's a bit of work to get through there, as you can imagine. I haven't spoken to him at all about the players coming into the organisation, the Dunkleys and the Gunstons et cetera, he hasn't spoken to them either, and we'll continue to work through what we need to work through."

- Sarah Black🤷‍♀️🤦‍♂️

Call me insensitive to the wider investigation all you like. But I honestly feel Ill for Clarkson, fagan , Burt and there families. Obviously as a north fan this has been so upsetting and I am sure we all feel that loss of the good vibes we felt on Clarko day through to this feeling of uncertainty. The absolute and brutal pile on on Clarkson in particular has been unprecedented. The general public have fallen for the left wing media again and the spin has been infathomable to me.

The afl need to act now and take some ******* control back and get this resolved.

What has happened in last 12 days has been the most putrid firestorm I have ever experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back