Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan Idaho

Debutant
Jul 16, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In all seriousness, the ones who know that wont cut the mustard, the writing was on the wall today. Lets see if they can handle being elite performers. Clarko over the last 12 months has been engaged in elite sports in the US, he hasn’t given up the last 12 months, he’s continued to learn.. What a ******* ripper.
Yep, I reckon we have a new fresh Clarkson with new ideas

Had 2 north supporting friends who live in regional Vic message me today saying they are buying memberships for next year. The snowball effect of Clarko is going to be enormous.

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
Can I just in the wash up take a moment to make a remark about Essendon:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well… 11:52 here in Adelaide. I’ll never forget what I felt when Damo’s tweet popped up while sitting at my desk this morning. Overriding joy is the best way to describe it and the rest of the day was euphoric.

Despite all that, I truly believe the best is yet to come.

Clarko… Sonja… Shinboners… best club in the world.

Not ignoring that this is the best football club in the world but the Kangaroo must be the go to sell to foreigners who have no knowledge of the game.

Historically it's something we haven't leveraged well and it was wonderful to hear Clarko talking about the kangaroo symbol in his presser.

American DILF?
Dan Avidan of Game Grumps (one of the bigger lets play channels on youtube) bought a NMFC beanie and hoodie when they toured Australia a couple years back.

Wears it often when they do their (rareish) on screen videos and it always makes me smile.

Reckon theres something in the theory.

1660919160157.png

Dan Avidan of Game Grumps (one of the bigger lets play channels on youtube) bought a NMFC beanie and hoodie when they toured Australia a couple years back.

Wears it often when they do their (rareish) on screen videos and it always makes me smile.

Reckon theres something in the theory.

View attachment 1483793
I nearly flipped outta my seat when i first saw it randomly going through game grumps vids.

I nearly flipped outta my seat when i first saw it randomly going through game grumps vids.
One of his go too ensembles. Goes the Hoodie and the beanie at the same time.

I'd say it looks good on him, but our gear would look good on a week old roadkill wombat on the side of the road.

LittleSizzle

Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wowzas! What an epic day to be a North diehard. We managed to land Clarko like bosses, with a side order of the NMFC delivering a Cunnersesque fend-off to our hated rivals. The media gets to chow down on penis en masse. Bigfooty legends like Mr Reliable, Kimbo, and Bigeasy emerge from the woodwork. Pharro even logged out of his current account to fire up his old Bigfooty moniker. Incredible scenes.

So freaking stoked. And rest assured, despite the tyranny of distance, Sopwiths and I have been partying like its 1996 and 1999. Haven't been to sleep at all. Well, she has but I haven't. Actually because of the time difference, we were lucky enough to hear the news yesterday. Was pretty tough sitting on it until the rest of you found out this morning.

But yeah, a truly awesome day. Surreal watching it unfold. (Although that could just be all the weed. Turns out 'nervous anticipation' and 'ecstatic celebration' have the same end game for me.) Nevertheless, cheeks are sore from grinning like an insane person ever since the news broke. And just been on another like frenzy. I'm even giving likes to opposition well-wishers. That s**t never happens.

Massive day. Ripple effect from this will be so huge you'll be able to surf those suckers. And nice to see Sonja getting the praise and accolades she so thoroughly deserves. If I can serious face for a moment, as y'all know her and I worked together in 2007. I got to know her really well. Life has since taken us in different directions but I couldn't be more pleased for her. And I called it back then - she's a super intelligent and savvy operator with a warm and extremely personable character. Underestimate her at your peril. She goes after what she wants, and she gets it. And her passion for our club knows no bounds. We couldn't be in better hands. Onja, Sonja.

Also, thanks to Clarko for finding his way back home, thanks to KIA for putting his ghoulies on the line to keep us all informed, and thanks to the rest of you dipsticks for making a thread so ridiculous that I was forced to drag my lazy arse out of hibernation to join the madness.

tl;dr?

mr-t-dance.gif
A truly legendary post.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Boarding the red eye very shortly to get over and watch Cunners go into beast mode live baby live.. hope to catch up with a few of you legends on the day after the best day ever - going to need some red bulls!

How’s those beers going down Le Grille and big_e ?

PS: I still hate the *Scum..

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Well… 11:52 here in Adelaide. I’ll never forget what I felt when Damo’s tweet popped up while sitting at my desk this morning. Overriding joy is the best way to describe it and the rest of the day was euphoric.

Despite all that, I truly believe the best is yet to come.

Clarko… Sonja… Shinboners… best club in the world.
Yeah my son sent me Damo post and I was like did anyone confirm it lol

And just to top off "Clarko Day".

Final Uni assignments released from marking and I got feedback of "I've written no feedback on your submission as I was too captivated reading it to do so".

Pearler of a day!

Boarding the red eye very shortly to get over and watch Cunners go into beast mode live baby live.. hope to catch up with a few of you legends on the day after the best day ever - going to need some red bulls!

Legend

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s been a while since I have gone to the footy with a bit of a pep in the step, instead of a impending sense of doom.

Let’s hope the boys finish the year off on a great note for both Cunners and Patch.

I have a feeling their will be a bit of a buzz around the joint. Something hopefully the players feed off.

Jun 17, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Epic mate 👏

I had family members hugging me, acquaintances congratulating me and my local butcher (mad north supporter) gave me 50% on everything in store.

What a euphoric whirlwind of a ****ing day.

I can't remember anything being this big related to the club since the Carey incident 20 years ago.

I was pessimistic regarding Clarkson coming to North. I know a lot of media and posters in here were confident for various reasons but I wasn't getting anything that gave me peace of mind. The video/pics of him and his manager walking into and around the club was what I was kinda waiting for. The one photo of Sonja and Alastair hugging might become one of those iconic ones in history...particularly if can get our 5th premiership.

Last edited:

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a day. That press conference was just perfect. The synergy between Sonja and Clarko was visible, you could feel it transcend the screen right into your chest. I was transfixed.by Clarkson and his words, I hung on everyone of them and I watched it again just to savour them.

The transformation of the club since Sonja has taken over has been remarkable. I have great admiration for her courage and determination and I'm in awe of her calmness under extreme pressure.

For the first time since 2002, I am very excited about our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back