Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the intrusion.

Honestly, this whole thing is great news for your club and it underscores the value of behaving with composure, dignity and professionalism.

Essendon's play at Clarko had the aesthetic of a dumb blonde who thought she could start banging another guy before dumping her current partner, only to realise her new flame saw her as weekend fodder and then left her with nobody. After all, why get into a relationship with someone who would do that to their partner? Same thing here. Clarko saw the writing on the wall. Essendon is an absolute burning trashpile with no standards of conduct whatsoever. That footage of Hind on the bench - Sheedy's comments in the media - hanging your coach out to dry whilst scrambling to get someone else - disgraceful.

Having said all of that, this development is really exciting for you guys and the competition in general. Players will come to North now to be coached by Clarko, and hopefully he can get a solid team behind him to steer the ship back into favorable waters. I'll be interested in seeing which players choose North as a destination club, knowing Clarko is coach. I know I'm an opposition supporter, but (how can I put this nicely?) North would be one of my least hated clubs in the league. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Pardon the intrusion.

Honestly, this whole thing is great news for your club and it underscores the value of behaving with composure, dignity and professionalism.

Essendon's play at Clarko had the aesthetic of a dumb blonde who thought she could start banging another guy before dumping her current partner, only to realise her new flame saw her as weekend fodder and then left her with nobody. After all, why get into a relationship with someone who would do that to their partner? Same thing here. Clarko saw the writing on the wall. Essendon is an absolute burning trashpile with no standards of conduct whatsoever. That footage of Hind on the bench - Sheedy's comments in the media - hanging your coach out to dry whilst scrambling to get someone else - disgraceful.

Having said all of that, this development is really exciting for you guys and the competition in general. Players will come to North now to be coached by Clarko, and hopefully he can get a solid team behind him to steer the ship back into favorable waters. I'll be interested in seeing which players choose North as a destination club, knowing Clarko is coach. I know I'm an opposition supporter, but (how can I put this nicely?) North would be one of my least hated clubs in the league. :tearsofjoy:
Until we become good again .,,, 🤣

Pardon the intrusion.

Thanks, but here’s the rub

By the end of the 90’s I remember people saying “sick of North in the Finals. I would like to see X”

So we became unfavourable because of success.

22 years on we are the least hated because we don’t challenge for much whether it be Finals, Brownlows (last winner was 1983….40 years ago) or Free Agents or influence at the AFL Boardroom table etc

So give me hatred any day, and that hope walked through the door yesterday

Boarding the red eye very shortly to get over and watch Cunners go into beast mode live baby live.. hope to catch up with a few of you legends on the day after the best day ever - going to need some red bulls!

How’s those beers going down Le Grille and big_e ?

PS: I still hate the *Scum..
Amazing dedication to the cause my friend. Well done 💙🤍

Good Morning Everyone! Awake at the crack of dawn. Feels like Christmas morning. Absolutely pumped and cant wait to get to Marvel today. Enjoy everyone and celebrate like we just got Clarkson as coach 💙🤍

Good Morning Everyone! Awake at the crack of dawn. Feels like Christmas morning. Absolutely pumped and cant wait to get to Marvel today. Enjoy everyone and celebrate like we just got Clarkson as coach 💙🤍
Omg same here
Just read all the Herald Sun
It is a sweet read
2 page spread on Clarko
2 page spread on * s**t show
Same story up the Sport Section
John Goodman Reaction GIF by ABC Network

Omg same here
Just read all the Herald Sun
It is a sweet read
2 page spread on Clarko
2 page spread on * s**t show
Same story up the Sport Section
John Goodman Reaction GIF by ABC Network
I am currently listening to all the radio stuff from yesterday. Who says we cant get important s**t done before 7 am 🤣

Clarko is so polished a media performer.
That presser was Oscar worthy - you couldn’t dream anything better what was said by clarko.

Every off season we say hurry and bring on the next season but this time it’s going to be multiplied times a million.

Nov 1 I’ll be there to see the great man start our assent to our rightful place at the top of the tree

I am currently listening to all the radio stuff from yesterday. Who says we cant get important s**t done before 7 am 🤣

Gee I would love giantroo to put a 2 minute package of each of those commentators from this week that are eating their words for breakfast this morning.

Gee I would love giantroo to put a 2 minute package of each of those commentators from this week that are eating their words for breakfast this morning.
I would suggest giantroo is exhausted at this point from all his hard work yesterday 🤍💙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started watching all the media speculation videos from the last week/s about Clarko. It's so funny how off the mark they all were.
None of them will admit they are wrong though but you know what, I am too happy to care!

I started watching all the media speculation videos from the last week/s about Clarko. It's so funny how off the mark they all were.
Would love someone on Twitter to start documenting all the BS these reporters post as gospel.
Like that guy that has that account for how many days since * have won a final

The three certainties- Death, taxes and a Bombers board meeting.
Whilst I take great comfort in knowing * are a dumpster fire of an organisation, I genuinely feel for Truck and his assistants. It's a brutal industry already, and he took a young side to finals in his 1st year. Now they haven't gone on with it but they have managed to play a fairly young side still, with very little depth courtesy of one of the biggest egos in list management. And now, a number of probably very good football people out of a job because the biggest ego in the industry, a senile 74 year old, wanted change which is now just for changes sake. Sad state of affairs. That said, * *

Wowzas! What an epic day to be a North tragic. We managed to land Clarko like bosses, with a side order of the NMFC delivering a Cunnersesque fend-off to our hated rivals. The media gets to chow down on penis en masse. Bigfooty legends like Mr Reliable, Kimbo, and Bigeasy emerge from the woodwork. Pharro even logged out of his current account to fire up his old Bigfooty moniker. Incredible scenes.

So freaking stoked. And rest assured, despite the tyranny of distance, Sopwiths and I have been partying like its 1996 and 1999. Haven't been to sleep at all. Well, she has but I haven't. Actually because of the time difference, we were lucky enough to hear the news yesterday. Was pretty tough sitting on it until the rest of you Southern Hemisphere-ites found out this morning.

But yeah, a truly awesome day. Surreal watching it unfold. (Although that could just be all the weed I've smoked. Turns out 'nervous anticipation' and 'ecstatic celebration' have the same end game for me.) Nevertheless, cheeks are sore from grinning like an insane person ever since the news broke. And just been on another Bigfooty like frenzy. I'm even giving likes to opposition well-wishers. That s**t never happens.

Massive day. Ripple effect from this will be so huge you'll be able to surf those suckers. And nice to see Sonja getting the praise and accolades she so thoroughly deserves. If I can serious face for a moment, as y'all know her and I worked together closely in 2007. During that time I got to know her really well. Life has since taken us in different directions but I honestly couldn't be more rapt for her. And I called it back then, too - she's a brilliant strategist and a razor-sharp operator, with an extremely charming and personable character. Underestimate her at your peril. She goes after what she wants, and she gets it. And her passion for our club knows no bounds. We couldn't be in better hands. Onja, Sonja.

Also, thanks to Clarko for finding his way back home, thanks to KIA for putting his ghoulies on the line to keep us all informed, and thanks to the rest of you deranged individuals for making a thread so ridiculous that I was forced to drag my lazy arse out of hibernation to join the madness.

tl;dr?

mr-t-dance.gif
I want to see ON YA, SONJA on a banner today.

Sorry please help an old Luddite out. Where do we find all the radio interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back