Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarko talking about the Kangaroo brand, that our mascot is iconic, it's on the coat of arms, it's on the bloody ball and the tag line we are taking our club to the country, the mention of the Huddle and multiculturalism was very deliberate I believe. An agreed strategy and something to mention.

= Ambassadorial money.

Very clever by the Club.

Next level, long term thinking by Sonja and the board. Brilliant stuff.

Thanks, but here’s the rub

By the end of the 90’s I remember people saying “sick of North in the Finals. I would like to see X”

So we became unfavourable because of success.

22 years on we are the least hated because we don’t challenge for much whether it be Finals, Brownlows (last winner was 1983….40 years ago) or Free Agents or influence at the AFL Boardroom table etc

So give me hatred any day, and that hope walked through the door yesterday
Nailed it Gaso.

I'd be willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of opposition well wishers in this thread are not old enough to remember how we bullied their clubs throughout the 90s. To add insult to injury, we did it on the smell of an oily rag with the worst facilities in the AFL.

We should enjoy and remember this moment of opposition goodwill because it isn't going to last for long. The thought of a small club such as North punching well above its weight is a frightening prospect for the rest of the competition.

Enough of the "poor little North" stuff. Let's be feared and hated again.

Heard news at work and was so delighted with the clarko news - got emotional over it.
Really don’t know how much this club means to you till stuff like this happens.
It’s been a hard few years of rejections and onfield performances have really hit hard - it’s Been demoralising to tell you the truth.
This news is so uplifting and we know for a fact that clarko will put in place a system that’ll improve the whole club. Might not win a flag but will give us an opportunity sometime down the track.
Buckle up - it’s going to be fun
Too true.

I have been passive, numb even, through games this year, and I recall lots of others saying the same in various game day threads, and about how much they resented feeling that way.

Then boom, you’re just short of tears listening to Sam *kn Edmund of all things, and you have sudden clarity why you voluntarily endured the last few years after all.

Nailed it Gaso.

I'd be willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of opposition well wishers in this thread are not old enough to remember how we bullied their clubs throughout the 90s. To add insult to injury, we did it on the smell of an oily rag with the worst facilities in the AFL.

We should enjoy and remember this moment of opposition goodwill because it isn't going to last for long. The thought of a small club such as North punching well above its weight is a frightening prospect for the rest of the competition.

Enough of the "poor little North" stuff. Let's be feared and hated again.

I wanna feel it again.

That air of envy and dislike from opposition supporters.

Where they want what we have it but it’s unobtainable for them. What we have will likely beat what they have, and they know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ron Josephs comments about * Leaving Windy Hill are so accurate. I couldn't imagine our club being based outside of Arden Street, the place has to much personality and history to be replicated at some sterile facility.

What’s more is they watch StKilda fail doing the exact same thing and did it anyway. I mean they had to because they are not as strong as the pensioners from the bowls club.

Fairly evident from all the interviews, analysis etc yesterday that Clarkson never seriously considered *ess. Basically just took a courtesy call from them which as a pro was the decent thing to do and that's fair enough......So how the * do these complete lying arseholes in the media come out and insist that he will be coaching *ess next season once they made their move. Just straight out bullshit agendas and lies from certain sections of the media. A disgrace of the highest order. Sonja seems the type that will put these clowns in their place.

Fairly evident from all the interviews, analysis etc yesterday that Clarkson never seriously considered *ess. Basically just took a courtesy call from them which as a pro was the decent thing to do and that's fair enough......So how the * do these complete lying arseholes in the media come out and insist that he will be coaching *ess next season once they made their move. Just straight out bullshit agendas and lies from certain sections of the media. A disgrace of the highest order. Sonja seems the type that will put these clowns in their place.
The Media thinks that it can will results into existence.

Clarko talking about the Kangaroo brand, that our mascot is iconic, it's on the coat of arms, it's on the bloody ball and the tag line we are taking our club to the country, the mention of the Huddle and multiculturalism was very deliberate I believe. An agreed strategy and something to mention.

= Ambassadorial money.

Very clever by the Club.

Next level, long term thinking by Sonja and the board. Brilliant stuff.
I thought exactly the same when I heard that.

So firstly, I'd like to apologise to KIA34 for calling his mail/updates bullshit. Clearly I was wrong and I apologise.

Secondly, whilst I didn't bombard the legendary threads with negativity, I did write an emotional outburst the other day, giving up all hope of getting Clarko and that north couldn't compete in the AFL due to the unfair bias against us. Don't get me wrong, the bias and hate against us is real, but clearly today has showed that heart and honour can help us overcome those ingrained negative attitudes from most in the AFL world.

Those bias's had beaten me down. Hard. I, like all of you, love the club so much that I couldn't handle not getting Clarko at this point, to a drug cheating rabble. I think I would have de-activated my Bigfooty account, which would have been a real shame as this place has helped get me through a really tough time in my life, many of you will know about that.

In terms of bonafides for my love of the club that I have loved for over 30 years (I'm not even 40), I present you with a pic of the day I got my first membership

View attachment 1483433

That was 1992 and I was 7.

My brother and I share a mum, but different dads. All my dads side of the family are Collingwood, and it was my brother who swayed me to the ways of the Shinboner, and who got our mum to love the club as much as we do. My dad took this better than expected and still took me to watch north play many times, more than the pies, as he just wanted me to love footy.

So needless to say my mum, brother and I have been obsessed ever since. My nephew is named Archer, if that helps ram home the point.

Here you will find me at Dallas Brooks Hall in 2007, a mere week after Archer was born next door at the FreesMasonsView attachment 1483448

Certainly one of the greatest nights of my life. I believe it is on the photo wall at Arden St, and as my bro pointed out I also made the Mazda video this week.

But today has certainly rivalled these experiences for me. And I can't help but think back to 2007.

There are probably more knowledgable people on this board about the events of 2007, but I think back to the term "things happen for a reason". The Australian Tax Office threatening to shut the club down unless members could elect 3 board members seems a strange thing to actually save a football club, but that event, coupled with our rise from 3rd last in 2006 to 3rd in 2007, created a protective cocoon around the club out of nowhere. Like some sort of spirit was looking over us, and intervened at just the right time to literally save the club. I mean come on, the ATO doesn't usually save institutions. But I was there for that vote. I was there when Allen Aylett lied to a room full of diehards. I was there when an old lady cried when he walked off without answering any questions or addressing our future. But from that night came JB, Mark Brayshaw and Ron Joseph onto the board.

I think back to a steak knives trade landing us Wayne Carey. The greatest footballer ever who not only gave me the opportunity to sit at the MCG with my mum and brother as we won 2 flags, but also saved the club from a Fitzroy fate. Like something intervened. I don't know much about the 70's but it seems a rule quirk just brought in allowed us to win our first 2 flags. Again, like something was looking after us.

Fast forward to 2020. I sat there as covid hit and wondered how we would survive the "financial reckoning" facing the AFL and clubs. I saw a promising first year coach implode and a new coach hired. That new coach tried his best but as we know, wasn't able to improve us, and judging by results this year, somehow took us backward. I couldn't understand how the club could be so unlucky. How EVERYTHING seemed to go against us, and how media people and AFL people seemed to get off on it.

It may have been the first thread about Alastair Clarkson and how we should get him, I scoffed at our chances. But again, things seem to have happened for a reason. Shaw and Noble had to happen to get us here. We hire say Brett ratten and he probably does a reasonable job and we miss out on Clarko. Noble shows even a hint of improvement this year and we miss out on Clarkson.

The world works in mysterious ways, and seemingly especially for our great club. When things are darkest something odd happens and we survive these tough times. And in some cases thrive.

Maybe Clarko leads us to number 5. Maybe he doesn't. But it sure feels like the Shinboner spirit intervening and destiny calling.

Go Roos!!!!!!!!
Dude - it was a roller coaster week - everyone on this board was emotionally invested in the process.

Your reactions - including the 'Bullshit' post - imo were perfectly within bounds given the enormity of what was unfolding in real time.

Hope you had a couple of White Russians last night and btw your post above was brilliant - a true Shinboner!

Ron Joseph's comments about * leaving Windy Hill are so accurate. I couldn't imagine our club being based outside of Arden Street, the place has to much personality and history to be replicated at some sterile facility.
North supporters literally took to the streets in 2007 to ensure that we remained in Melbourne at our spiritual home. We'll always have that over * and they resent this fact.

Ron's other comments, while great for the LOLZ, were unnecessary. I wouldn't be surprised to see a retraction in the coming days as a result of * getting their lawyers onto him.

really got to laugh at ralpheys 10 points, the best 2 are firstly him giving clarko advice and secondly pick up a whole heap of spuds to replace the cloggers we have been jettisoning for the last 3 seasons, i mean if i wanted that many spuds i would nip out to thorpdale,

i will give him credit for mentioning griffin logue though, would be a great fit.

I wanna feel it again.

That air of envy and dislike from opposition supporters.

Where they want what we have it but it’s unobtainable for them. What we have will likely beat what they have, and they know it.
Couldn't agree more. Let's start by sticking it up those arrogant hoardes of Gold Coast flogs who will descend on our home turf this afternoon.

Pardon the intrusion.

Honestly, this whole thing is great news for your club and it underscores the value of behaving with composure, dignity and professionalism.

Essendon's play at Clarko had the aesthetic of a dumb blonde who thought she could start banging another guy before dumping her current partner, only to realise her new flame saw her as weekend fodder and then left her with nobody. After all, why get into a relationship with someone who would do that to their partner? Same thing here. Clarko saw the writing on the wall. Essendon is an absolute burning trashpile with no standards of conduct whatsoever. That footage of Hind on the bench - Sheedy's comments in the media - hanging your coach out to dry whilst scrambling to get someone else - disgraceful.

Having said all of that, this development is really exciting for you guys and the competition in general. Players will come to North now to be coached by Clarko, and hopefully he can get a solid team behind him to steer the ship back into favorable waters. I'll be interested in seeing which players choose North as a destination club, knowing Clarko is coach. I know I'm an opposition supporter, but (how can I put this nicely?) North would be one of my least hated clubs in the league. :tearsofjoy:
You could have removed the sexist analogy and still made the same point.

Just in case someone from Puma or NMFC is reading this thread ... you need to design a jacket that looks as good as this one.

View attachment 1483889
Forget about jackets. Remember that time the Hawks played GWS in Canberra when it was snowing and Clarko was walking around in shorts and a polo shirt? That's what I want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back