Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he thinks there will be no blowback to hawthorn

In reality I think the real answer is far simpler. Jackson got wind of the report and convinced the people involved that it was in their best interests to make this public, otherwise the AFL would hide it. Consistent theme throughout is the distrust of the AFL. Very easy for Jackson to leverage this distrust to his advantage.

Sad state of affairs all round.

Hoping for a quick, truthful and fair resolution for all. Let justice be done.

In reality I think the real answer is far simpler. Jackson got wind of the report and convinced the people involved that it was in their best interests to make this public, otherwise the AFL would hide it. Consistent theme throughout is the distrust of the AFL. Very easy for Jackson to leverage this distrust to his advantage.

I’m not saying jackson acted perfectly but if you had three sources making those claims I don’t think it’s wrong that he releases that article, yes he should have been more thorough with getting the response but I don’t think he’s wrong for releasing the article

Adem Yze missing out on the * job and "boy's club Brad" coming somewhat out of left field in the last few days to 'win' the position appears to me very connected to the Hawks' saga. Yze, despite in my eyes, and I think the majority, being the best candidate for the job, and my preferred if we hadn't of secured Clarko can I think only have missed out due to his links with Clarko and Hawthorn during this time. All unsubstantiated and unproven accusations, yet unfortunately accusations continuing to sit there in limbo destroying people's lives, accused and accusers while the AFL takes its sweet time in putting together its investigation panel.

Bard, whose true colours have been shown (no North person would ever go to * !!!!! - I'll forgive only Nathan Grima) you would have to say has been placed in the role, as an acceptable and safe outcome for both the AFL and *. I'm giving Scott about half a season until * supporters turn on him once they realise what they've been served up. And I'll love it.

The dream scenario for me is that once, or should I say if Clarko clears his name and commences in the role in the not too distant future (unless of course he did commit these acts) then maybe North can tempt Yze to join his old mate Clarko as an assistant coach at North. For certain one thing we could be confident of is that he'll clean up our kicking skills.

Either way and whatever the outcome will be, the AFL just needs to get its s**t together and get the process started. As many have commented, its not Hawthorn that is paying the price in any way whatsoever. North and Brisbane are the BIG losers and frankly Kennett couldn't care less about that.

I’m not saying jackson acted perfectly but if you had three sources making those claims I don’t think it’s wrong that he releases that article, yes he should have been more thorough with getting the response but I don’t think he’s wrong for releasing the article

All I'll say is that people need to be accountable for what they do. Yes, his job is create news and tell stories. But at some point you have to consider the overall impact of your actions and question yourself, is this really going to make things better or worse? What's the right thing to do? And of course everyone has a different view on that. Personally I would not have taken that approach.

I'm no expert on these matters and don't work or live in the world of media.

Adem Yze missing out on the * job and "boy's club Brad" coming somewhat out of left field in the last few days to 'win' the position appears to me very connected to the Hawks' saga. Yze, despite in my eyes, and I think the majority, being the best candidate for the job, and my preferred if we hadn't of secured Clarko can I think only have missed out due to his links with Clarko and Hawthorn during this time. All unsubstantiated and unproven accusations, yet unfortunately accusations continuing to sit there in limbo destroying people's lives, accused and accusers while the AFL takes its sweet time in putting together its investigation panel.

Bard, whose true colours have been shown (no North person would ever go to * !!!!! - I'll forgive only Nathan Grima) you would have to say has been placed in the role, as an acceptable and safe outcome for both the AFL and *. I'm giving Scott about half a season until * supporters turn on him once they realise what they've been served up. And I'll love it.

The dream scenario for me is that once, or should I say if Clarko clears his name and commences in the role in the not too distant future (unless of course he did commit these acts) then maybe North can tempt Yze to join his old mate Clarko as an assistant coach at North. For certain one thing we could be confident of is that he'll clean up our kicking skills.

Either way and whatever the outcome will be, the AFL just needs to get its s**t together and get the process started. As many have commented, its not Hawthorn that is paying the price in any way whatsoever. North and Brisbane are the BIG losers and frankly Kennett couldn't care less about that.
It's far simpler than that: David Barham said at the very start they wanted an experienced coach.

Yze shouldn't have wasted his time.

"We think we're after a more experienced coach," Barham said when announcing the sacking of Ben Rutten after two seasons in the top job.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/829054/...ombers-must-keep-an-open-mind-in-coach-search
"We think a more experienced coach might be able to get more out of this list, and we want to give our list the best chance."

I agree; there's no point in pursuing the journalist, any journo worth their salt would run with it. I think the more pertinent question is who leaked the report, for which of course the first point of reference is motive - who stood to gain? The answer is pretty limited - the complainants, Hawthorn (esp. the current president who can point to the glowing cultural safety of the club under his leadership) and the consultancy (esp a co-director known for prosecuting cases in the court of public opinion). Take your pick

Agree.

I also raised my eyebrows at the comments that despite all the allegations it is now culturally safe and recently delisted players were glowing in the feedback of their time with Hawthorn.

Clarko has only been gone 1 season. Wouldn’t those players have played under him? Did things get better after 2016?
Yes, there hasn't been enough made of this point. He was coach there for five years after 2016 and everything was roses according to the same report. How can it be too dangerous for us to let him to lead our boys through a trade period and pre-season?

I'd like North to come out and say:

"Having heard more details about the allegations and their context, and having had access to the report that alleges no incidents while Alastair Clarkson was Hawthorn's coach over five years from 2017-2021, and that all current and recently retired First Nations players feel culturally safe, we are fully confident in Alastair's ability to lead our football team while we wait for further investigations to take place. As such, we have asked him to prepare to start work on November 1st and to continue until such time as he requires leave to participate in an investigation designed to shine light on what occurred at Hawthorn."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest question, if Brad is coaching * and turd is an assistant with us, who you going to boo more?
Harry Potter What GIF by Harry Potter And The Cursed Child
Stringer

Barham's comments here were shot down and widely critisiced from the moment he said them. He backtracked almost immediately and acknowledged they would hire the best person for the job. Experience was preferential. If the * board thinks that Bard best fits their model for an 'experienced' coach then they truly are on the kool aid. And I couldn't be happier with that.

I can definitely see that * are in a similar position to us in that stability is key. Clarko is what we need/ed and Barham obviously thinking the same. Clearly all their rhetoric around due process was however purely fluff. Just because there's only one cut of meat left on the rack shouldn't mean that's your only option. Get creative and do some due process. Yze would have been a much better option than Bard IMO so in that sense I'm happy they didn't take him. If North hadn't of secured Clarko I would have hoped, and I think most North supporters would back me up here, that we wouldn't have taken Lyon as next 'best' option. Especially since he wasn't going to lower himself to interview for the role anyway. Anyway I truly couldn't care less about *.

It's why I'm interested in the playing group's thoughts.

If they believe Clarkson and are behind him, he should be out there for day 1. They're being punished out of this.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Hard agree

It's why I'm interested in the playing group's thoughts.

If they believe Clarkson and are behind him, he should be out there for day 1. They're being punished out of this.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Which the indigenous boys wont be.
Eddie said it on 360.
He believes the brothers.
Other indigenous boys will be no different.

Which the indigenous boys wont be.
Eddie said it on 360.
He believes the brothers.
Other indigenous boys will be no different.
who knows

our boys would likely have more info than eddie betts, without direct info of course hes going to side that way

clarko would have spoken directly to them, they would have also spoken to jed who was there at the time

The only thing that fat campaigner gets wind of is the 69 dimmies he had for lunch.

This was handed to him.

Yes, there hasn't been enough made of this point. He was coach there for five years after 2016 and everything was roses according to the same report. How can it be too dangerous for us to let him to lead our boys through a trade period and pre-season?

I'd like North to come out and say:

"Having heard more details about the allegations and their context, and having had access to the report that alleges no incidents while Alastair Clarkson was Hawthorn's coach over five years from 2017-2021, and that all current and recently retired First Nations players feel culturally safe, we are fully confident in Alastair's ability to lead our football team while we wait for further investigations to take place. As such, we have asked him to prepare to start work on November 1st and to continue until such time as he requires leave to participate in an investigation designed to shine light on what occurred at Hawthorn."

2016 hey. When did Fagan leave.

I know its not the popular thing to think what's been said is a fairytale but here is why i think its mostly lies or exaggerated circumstances and i didn't want to share this story but i will.

Years ago my grandma and Grandad adopted 2 Indigenous brothers at the ages of 3 and 5.
The boys (Robert and Ed) were accepted into the family no worries and got everything they could have hoped for.
Private school in Kyneton, Best Christmas and birthday presents they could ever ask for (that they had never received before prior to adoption) ect ect.

By the age of 13 and 15 they had gone off the rails and were drinking and taking drugs because the pull of their family back in Echuca made them go visit and there they could do what they liked.

By the time they were both over the age of 18 my Grandparents were forced to basically kick them out for their behaviour.

When that time came and my grandparents refused to give them money because they would drink or smoke it all of a sudden police showed up at the door and they had accused my Grandad of sexual abuse and wanted him charged. Not only that they had talked another 2 kids my grandparents had fostered to say the same with the prospect of a payout.

Stories were very elaborate and grandad was infact charged, mud had stuck and they could no longer foster kids and had to move from the area they lived in.

This went on for months until Kevin the older brother of the family broke during police questioning and confessed they were lying and it was their family that had helped concoct the story to try and hurt my Grandparents.

This was after months of their older sister being in contact with my grandma saying basically if you give us X amount of dollars we will make it go away.

Just because someone can tell a good story doesn't mean its correct.

May not be the same here but that is where my skepticism comes from.

I know its not the popular thing to think what's been said is a fairytale but here is why i think its mostly lies or exaggerated circumstances and i didn't want to share this story but i will.

Years ago my grandma and Grandad adopted 2 Indigenous brothers at the ages of 3 and 5.
The boys (Robert and Ed) were accepted into the family no worries and got everything they could have hoped for.
Private school in Kyneton, Best Christmas and birthday presents they could ever ask for (that they had never received before prior to adoption) ect ect.

By the age of 13 and 15 they had gone off the rails and were drinking and taking drugs because the pull of their family back in Echuca made them go visit and there they could do what they liked.

By the time they were both over the age of 18 my Grandparents were forced to basically kick them out for their behaviour.

When that time came and my grandparents refused to give them money because they would drink or smoke it all of a sudden police showed up at the door and they had accused my Grandad of sexual abuse and wanted him charged. Not only that they had talked another 2 kids my grandparents had fostered to say the same with the prospect of a payout.

Stories were very elaborate and grandad was infact charged, mud had stuck and they could no longer foster kids and had to move from the area they lived in.

This went on for months until Kevin the older brother of the family broke during police questioning and confessed they were lying and it was their family that had helped concoct the story to try and hurt my Grandparents.

This was after months of their older sister being in contact with my grandma saying basically if you give us X amount of dollars we will make it go away.

Just because someone can tell a good story doesn't mean its correct.

May not be the same here but that is where my skepticism comes from.

What a heart breaking experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back