Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

czero

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So when does he get his big pay day from hawks?

And are abc and rusty gonna fork out for defamation?
If anything happens, you would imagine that it wouldn't until the HR commission thing had completed.

Even then I assume these guys need to weigh up how much they they want to drag the mud around.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy mellow coffee & live a petty bourgeois life.
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I once saw Jeff in a chemist in Anglesea (in between one of the COVID lockdowns I think). He was very upset with the woman who worked there as they had run out of men’s shavers.

As I walked out I saw him quizzically studying a pack of purple women’s shavers, contemplating his next move.
1701168432739.png

Interesting that Clarko and Cyril were talking about a role at the club before Jackson and Egan's farrago dropped.
The North Melbourne Football Club welcomes all passionate and ethical people - we look forward to welcoming Cyril and family into the fold.

Really? Is that public or did a little bird tell you?

Was first mentioned here:

Not a training report, and not really sure where to put this but I’m feeling this is where most of us will frequent atm. From a board level, yesterday I was told just before all Clarko/Hawks/Racism saga blew up, North were very, very close to signing Cyril Rioli ala Liam Shiels onfield playing role, his wife was the one that said no, he was a bees dick from signing.

Checks out from what I'm told by my thourthes aka the old bloke who sits at Abbotsford Street tram stop drinking tawny port.

The North Melbourne Football Club welcomes all passionate and ethical people - we look forward to welcoming Cyril and family into the fold.

I hope the ship hasn't sailed.

It’d be too late now wouldn’t it?

Dunno, it really depends on what happens on the AHRC.

I've long thought that it is going to be a far less adversarial process than is assumed.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dunno, it really depends on what happens on the AHRC.

I've long thought that it is going to be a far less adversarial process than is assumed.
It does validate what we have understood for quite some time - that the likes of Cyril, and Buddy, and Shaun Burgoyne always had and continue to have an excellent relationship with, and opinion of Clarko. That might upset the entrenched beliefs of Chief and a few of the other big branes on the main board but it's incontrovertibly true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Clarko and Cyril were talking about a role at the club before Jackson and Egan's farrago dropped.
I know you and another poster mentioned it - but it's really hard to believe.

It does validate what we have understood for quite some time - that the likes of Cyril, and Buddy, and Shaun Burgoyne always had and continue to have an excellent relationship with, and opinion of Clarko. That might upset the entrenched beliefs of Chief and a few of the other big branes on the main board but it's incontrovertibly true.

I find it interesting that Cyril said words to the effect of "If I have to drag these blokes to the human rights commission for them to hear our stories, I will" - and did.

Yet from what I know there's been absolutely zero resistance to the AHRC process from Clarko, he doesn't appear to have needed to be dragged there.

The great hilarity in all this is that Rusty Jackson has actually managed some good footy related journalism of late - that's already hit the Dogs for $6m and has his own beloved Saints looking at far bigger payouts.

Always good for us when the other small Melbourne clubs cop vicious whacks.

As good as Cyril was, there's no way we are going to sign a 33yr old who hasn't played in 5+ years to the list.

Not to play AFL no, development coach playing some VFL aye

Buddy having Clarko in the box at whatever that celebration game was, huge.

I was as surprised as anyone when I first saw the claim, but turns out it is true.

Not playing AFL is the key, a development coaching role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back