Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingy was asking on SEN this morning with the oldest looking 40 something year old there ever was what the bloody hell was going on the last couple of years at north?

Someone here mentioned we’ve got some good recruits this year and while that’s true, the list isn’t that much different. Remember clarko on 360 and how his eyes lit up at the suggestion of coaching north, he knew then. He ******* knew what this list was capable of.

2-0 early days, close games that possibly could have gone the other way, but the systems, structures and execution are so vastly improved. The previous coach should be embarrassed and never be let near a footy team again. Complete and utter disgrace

Kingy was asking on SEN this morning with the oldest looking 40 something year old there ever was what the bloody hell was going on the last couple of years at north?

Someone here mentioned we’ve got some good recruits this year and while that’s true, the list isn’t that much different. Remember clarko on 360 and how his eyes lit up at the suggestion of coaching north, he knew then. He ******* knew what this list was capable of.

2-0 early days, close games that possibly could have gone the other way, but the systems, structures and execution are so vastly improved. The previous coach should be embarrassed and never be let near a footy team again. Complete and utter disgrace
Wasn't just Clarkson. A lot across the AFL knew what the list could do. Tbh I used to cringe when I'd see supporters buying into that. But oh well. We're past that part now but still at the start of a long journey.

How well he & Blakey have the back 6 functioning without Buckets, is not being spoken about enough.
a lot of it will be attributed to Logue being rad, but the whole system back there is 100x better than last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Kingy's been huge on the fact that it's been a lack of structure and coaching that's been the issue over the last couple of years, not a lack of talent.

I know a lot of people here, including myself, said this last year so it's nice to be vindicated and show what we're really capable when pretty much the entire external footy world thought we needed 5 more drafts to get even near to being competitive

I don’t think any of us believe it but I think Clarko 100% knows anything is posible.
Really, we're a <5% chance of winning the flag. That's still a chance tho. We'd have to get very lucky and alot would have to go right. IF TT was on board we'd be a better chance.

I don’t think any of us believe
The Rock What GIF

Has to be 2025. The hundredth anniversary since the campaigners didn't even want to let us into the VFL.
Just remember which f'in scumbag club that the potato head is coach of, refused us entry into the VFL....it would be fitting for us to be premiers in our century to go along with the AFL/VFL Century premiership.

How well he & Blakey have the back 6 functioning without Buckets, is not being spoken about enough.
Well they've had a capable replacement in Logue who wasn't there last year.

I really hope that McKay + Log + Corr can play well together. All 3 are very good individually, but could become an awesome unit together. Just need the footy gods to allow it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back