Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't say I've listened to a presser for as long as i remember, but i watched this whole clip.

Clarko is so articulate and engaging i could listen to him talk football for hours.
Just toed the hawthorn stuff a little too much. More talk about us would of been appreciated. You are right though, brilliant footy mind

Awesome presser I thought. He's so right, if you win, your list management strategy looks genius.
There is no perfect science. Even if you "tank" you're not guaranteed to hit on the picks but you're more likely to get an elite talent.
I wonder if it might get to the point where the deep cut rebuild will be sidelined and everyone regenerates their team each year in a staggered rebuild.

Just toed the hawthorn stuff a little too much. More talk about us would of been appreciated. You are right though, brilliant footy mind

I'll give him a pass on that, you can only answer the questions they ask.

The start about Joseph, Mantello, and Aylett was brilliant. Would they be on the North Melbourne Mt Rushmore? Hopefully, by the time Hood and Clarko are done we'll be adding them to the conversation.

I haven't heard Clarko mention Pagan much if it all. Maybe he's still unhappy about Pagan being the coach that cut him from the club?

I do hope he brings him back at some point.
During one of those interviews when or just after he signed, before the hawthorn stuff blew up, he mentioned Kennedy, pagan and ron joseph as his three main mentors from North when he started coaching. I think he also mentioned them another time when saying he was going off the rails and those three got him back on the straight and narrow and essentially made him who he is today.

Mate, there is an allegation that he's knocked down a bloody wall. Literally. That is heavy stuff. A completely loose unit so it seems.
How does the AFL allow this sort of thing. They should step in. People at other clubs aren't happy!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's out of control. Everyone at north hates him cos he's such a loose cannon.
He has a bit of Denis in him Clarko ,but with a smile. Denis never suffered fools either but he was not as amiable when asked a stupid question. It’s great to have the old North back. Maybe see a bit of a swagger in some of the players in the not too distant future as well.

Awesome presser I thought. He's so right, if you win, your list management strategy looks genius.
There is no perfect science. Even if you "tank" you're not guaranteed to hit on the picks but you're more likely to get an elite talent.
I wonder if it might get to the point where the deep cut rebuild will be sidelined and everyone regenerates their team each year in a staggered rebuild.

I think we need significantly expanded list sizes, higher minimum payments (and obviously an expanded cap) to achieve this. I'm a big fan of the idea of all of these to be honest as having teams completely non competitive because it is the only real guaranteed way to get repeat chances at high end talent in the draft makes for a poorer sport at the elite level.

I don't understand the argument that it's suddenly bad for him to be acting the way he has on the sideline if we lose. Either it's inherently cringey, or it's not.

The way I see it is he's visibly invested in the game, displaying energy and passion, and heavily engaging with the interchange players to keep them switched on. IMO he can do this role, and it genuinely seems like a role that has value to our performance, because we have Ratten up in the box doing half of what the senior coach normally does on gameday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back