Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarksons.

Alistair to North in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 257 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 22.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GloriousBestHarpyeagle-size_restricted.gif
Uhhh Clarko is the best coach ever don't give him the bad finger ok

If we do move on noble, we would want to have a proven big name replacement otherwise we will get rinsed in the media for appointing two senior coaches that haven’t lasted longer than two seasons.
Glad you found another thread 👍

I've been in the Nobles camp too but it's a brutal world and the Clarkson thing did and does need to be discussed by the board imo. As in assessing our own view of the scenario before considering seriously approaching him.

But my god if we decided to proceed we would want to have a foolproof plan. Because the prospect of making a play and losing while in the process burning our existing coach would be way more disastrous than a string of 20 goal thumpings.
But we are rock bottom so how much worse can it get? Like do rocks burn if you put petrol on it?

Our new mascot fwiw
Santa Claus Animation GIF by HBO Max

l think Clarkson would be a good coach for us however l'm still backing Noble until the end of the year...The majority of members were very happy when Noble was announced as coach but now want to jump ship...He needs to learn like the players so l think get off his back and wait until years end to decide if he stays or not...He didn't lock himself in for a long term contract so he may leave then or maybe sooner so North can try for Clarkson. l think he will do whats best for the club and not himself.

Interesting discussion from Luke Hodge and Kingy on SEN's Crunch Time re Clarko.

Does Clarko want to leave Victoria?

From 1 hr 14m in

Interesting discussion from Luke Hodge and Kingy on SEN's Crunch Time re Clarko.

From 1 hr 14m in
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

It's Happening!

From 1 hr 14m in
Hodge does make some good points. So does King to be honest.

From 1 hr 14m in
It’s funny Hodge talking gws, I would’ve thought the Suns would’ve been more appealing.
Spines sorted out with King/Chol Thomson/Collins, decent young midfield group Miller/Rowell/Anderson and Rankin/Ainsworth as small forwards. Plenty of talent.
also they don’t have the stupid salary cap pressure of GWS, some of those contracts are a nooses in waiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s funny Hodge talking gws, I would’ve thought the Suns would’ve been more appealing.
Spines sorted out with King/Chol Thomson/Collins, decent young midfield group Miller/Rowell/Anderson and Rankin/Ainsworth as small forwards. Plenty of talent.
also they don’t have the stupid salary cap pressure of GWS, some of those contracts are a nooses in waiting.

If Gold Coast Suns continue to make themselves look more attractive to Clarko with these wins against top 8 opposition, then there may not be a job available to Clarko.

Why would we die wondering? Throw the bank at him. He's a marketable asset in his own right, not to mention the clout he has in the industry. Players, membership, profile - it's a no brainer. For all the 'No it's not gonna happen' brigade - HTF do you know? HAVE A CRACK.
Plus it would piss off the AFL no-end. Win-Win.
Clarko is combative - we're a combative club
If we go with an untried coach after Noble is gone I'm microwaving the membership

I'm absolutely in the camp that Noble should have this season to demonstrate to the board that he is making progress with the rebuild. Injuries and illness have meant that he has not had the best side on the park at any stage, and is therefore starting well behind the eight-ball. Couple that with senior players committing turnover sins and playing well below their best, and here we are.

That being said, if someone has not already picked up the phone to Clarkson and initiated a discussion, then I would be very surprised. You cannot die wondering.......

The dudes kids go to the same school as mine. There has been talk, Clarko wants to come back to Arden St, it’s all the smaller details that need to be clarified. He wants his guys to come with him.
Yeah right ok .
Got some news for you his not coming if we were 10th on the ladder atm and had some players on the verge of taken the next step then yes but we all know it isn’t going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back