Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

I mean seriously.

This needs both Rutten and Hinkley to get the axe, right now both have contracts for next year. Then it needs Clarkson to choose Essendon.

Why even both typing such dribble up.
Its called ‘barracking’ for the *Bombers to get Clarko.

They all want it..

Essendon will have to make a call on Rutten by Wednesday you'd think, but I'd be surprised if he survives tomorrow. I think we will know where Clarko is coaching by EOD Wednesday.

So on Monday there is a Board meeting and * catergoically keep their coach. Back him in the media.

Then within 48 hours are gonna knife him.

If this occurs the AFL and the AFLCA should be publically slamming them from pillar to post for running the shittest of shitshows.

Forget Clarkson this would be on par with Freo leaking to the media that Drum was gone before they actually knifed him.

I mean what sort of half measure is that? Hold an board meeting to axe the president, confirm the coach only to have to go through the whole thing again.

It is a little incongruent from mine that Clarkson who has been meticulous about what he wants and how he wants it would be completely fine with walking into a situation where the president has just stepped down, they knife the coach after publically not knifing the coach on the back of It''l be right.

I think the writing is on the wall. If Clarkson had already agreed to joining north verbally or signed some sort of a contract with the club, then the whole Essendon thing wouldn’t even be a topic at this point in time. Clarkson and his management team wouldn’t have even entertained the meeting between Essendon.

This one is really gonna hurt, more then the dusty/gaff/Kelly links.
Who the hell are you

That's what I've always done but I have had contacts with anti-poaching clauses in the past which may not be legally binding these days. When I have given notice a couple of companies directly asked if I had taken a role with a partner or an opponent (stupidly, I gave an honest response of no).

If I had said yes I'd have been exited on the spot by security and paid out for my notice period. By being honest I worked it :(

It was a daily event seeing people being walked out because of them signing on with the opposition back then.

Hawthorne might have included some form of penalty clause if that's still legal to prevent signing on with another club while the season is still alive. It is virtually unheard of in the AFL for players or coaches to change clubs mid season so some kind of constraint must exist despite restraint of trade laws being in place.

Are there any contact on lawyers around here?

We’ve only got a fat orangutan.

In the space of almost 24hrs, we have blitzed past 100+ pages.

I hope the bigfooty servers aren't potato!
In the span of 36 hours this thread has exceeded 1/4 of the post limit of a thread.

It is legitimately ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the writing is on the wall. If Clarkson had already agreed to joining north verbally or signed some sort of a contract with the club, then the whole Essendon thing wouldn’t even be a topic at this point in time. Clarkson and his management team wouldn’t have even entertained the meeting between Essendon.

This one is really gonna hurt, more then the dusty/gaff/Kelly links.
Or it's the media making logical connections like they do every year with free agents.

I'll make the logical connection that the media are milking Clarko for every last clickbait drop before it's announced.

I'll go one step further and say some in the media know he's coming to north but are exploiting this essendon board spill to make it seem like he's going to essendon... Then in the final day or two day "north make a Hail Mary offer" and the tables switch AGAIN. Oh boy what an exciting week! Clarko signed with north, the same expectation at the start of the week but the media kept you guessing and entertained!

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back