Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No actual recipe just years of practice and nailing it but these are the things I do and it works every time.

Uncover pork in fridge overnight and take out of the fridge a couple of hours before cooking.

Pour boiling water over pork and pat dry.

Make sure rind is scored.

Liberally apply salt and olive oil to the skin.

Surround pork with peeled garlic cloves and peeled shallots (or small brown onions) and put half a centimetre of water in the baking dish.

Preheat oven as hot as you can before cooking.

Put pork in and leave on high for 30-60 minutes until the the crackling is done. May need another basting with olive oil/salt. Make sure there is still a little bit of water in the base of the pan.

When crackling is right cover with foil and reduce oven heat to 180C until pork is cooked.

Once cooked pull from oven, remove crackling then stand the meat wrapped in foil for 15 minutes.

Make gravy in the baking dish using the juices in the pan - the flavours from the meat juices, garlic and shallots is superb.

Serve with roast potatoes - my preference is to parboil them with rosemary and then roast in duck fat.

Eat like a king and wash down with a good cab sav.

Have you ever tried a neutral oil with a higher smoke point?

I use a similar method except when in the oven on high I put the grill on also. This applies direct heat from above and I find that my crackle ends up more even.

However the higher smoke point oil and then heat from the grill also make it a requirement to pay a decent amount of attention to the first big of the cook. Which is typically counter to how I cook roasts, where it is normally low slow set and forget.

Other thing I have been known to do is with the little bit of water in the pan I add a bit of apple juice some times.

Exclusive pictures of the race to sign Clarko. That's Essendon nearest the camera.

Tired Paralympic Games GIF by International Paralympic Committee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sonja’s been waiting for him to sign, we gave a deadline, they took the deadline to * and Brasher said no. Barham pulls off a coup, what happens next?

Sonja’s been waiting for him to sign, we gave a deadline, they took the deadline to * and Brasher said no. Barham pulls off a coup, what happens next?
Bombers fans wake up

I think we’ll get confirmation around 4am Melbourne time.

Don't worry, European crew here to take the night shift.

It's a public holiday and I went clubbing last night/got home at a dumb hour, so fair to say not much on the cards this arvo.

Guys, just a heads up that it doesn't take two months for someone to make up their mind, unless you're my wife when I ask her what she wants for dinner. We just need to take a knee on this one. If Clarkson was coming it would have been announced weeks ago. The most likely explanation here is that he's stalled knowing that there was movement coming up in his preferred job.

I would expect Rutten dismissal announcement tomorrow. Some clear air between now and the end of the season, and then Clarko announced as Essendon coach early next week.

What is tricky is the upcoming Mazda extension announcement. That announcement, if done via the press, will become a lightning rod for thirsty journos and the Clarkson sideshow will completely derail the announcement. At this point I think the club should park it (pun intended) until the Clarkson matter is resolved.

And a reminder: No one here has any genuine credible sources. We're all just losers on an internet forum. Some people may think they have inside knowledge, but unless they hear it from the exact person who is involved and have receipts, they do not. What makes anyone think that user chunkylover_69 has the hot scoop that they're happy to spread via the internet but no paid journalist who has been chasing that story religiously is able to get it as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back