Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bill Shorten was on the news this morning, did lol when the presenter asked "It's been 3 minutes and I've noticed that you haven't used the 'big end of town' even once."
Who was it ?

Maybe Albo is irrelevant and invisible because Murdoch might like his character? No media attacking him, it's as though the country's almost forgot he's the leader of da opposition

He’s gearing up for another tilt at the leadership. Bookmark this post.

No

Maybe in a " Designated Survivor " type situation he might be given it but they're not going back to him , any bargaining power he had was lost May 18th

( I know a guy who knows a guy )

Call it now NSWCROW, will Albo be our next Labor PM.

******* THIS guy has more of a chance of being Labors next PM
giphy.gif

Numbers of people arriving by plane wishing to seek asylum is through the roof but we don't hear a word about that instead we pat ourselves on the back at our hard heartedness in deporting two people actually born in Australia all in the name of deterrence. Well done us.

And how exactly are you going to stop people legally arriving by plane from seeking asylum?

A lot can happen in 3 years but it is hard to see much changing. Australia is a conservative country so it takes a lot for Labor to pull off. What they forget about Rudd (similar to Hawke although way different personalities) is he was able to identify and tap into something within the Australian psyche at the time. Even if Gillard was a better PM Rudd was better at selling the message and using his personality to do it. (Total nerd but used it right to his advantage and sold his message) Gillard tried to follow a focus group/factional script and it back fired.

While the Sco Mo daggy dad bullshit works for him, it works because Australians seek safety and are inherently conservative. So inclined to identify with that. Labor need to sell a message of change people can identify with. That might be Albanese but him sitting on his arse for 3 years won't help. Labor can't be seen to be fighting policy yet. They did that last term won every key battle but still came up short. They need an attack dog in there to hammer the coalitions incompetence set the mood for change then unveil the new figure head.

Playing around now will do them no favours. They are 2 more elections away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia is a conservative country

Disagree. Two threadbare wins in 2019 and 2016 on the back of News Corp et al shitting on the other parties constantly for years. Before, Liberals would've been horrified at having a 1-seat majority. This demonstrates "a conservative country"?

Disagree. Two threadbare wins in 2019 and 2016 on the back of News Corp et al s**tting on the other parties constantly for years. Before, Liberals would've been horrified at having a 1-seat majority. This demonstrates "a conservative country"?

6 changes of government in 70 years the majority being a conservative one. Yep. Agree to disagree.

Labor need to sell a message of change people can identify with. That might be Albanese but him sitting on his arse for 3 years won't help. Labor can't be seen to be fighting policy yet. They did that last term won every key battle but still came up short. They need an attack dog in there to hammer the coalitions incompetence set the mood for change then unveil the new figure head.

Playing around now will do them no favours. They are 2 more elections away.

My apologies, I assumed you thought Labor should try to win these things.

If Labor learned anything this year, they'll stop giving swinging voters (verified fact they are morons) credit and be relentlessly negative in 2022.

My apologies, I assumed you thought Labor should try to win these things.

If Labor learned anything this year, they'll stop giving swinging voters (verified fact they are morons) credit and be relentlessly negative in 2022.

Of course they should. Just like the Suns should try and win every game. I just don't see it happening. If they couldn't win in 16 or 19 then pretty much shovelling it up hill from here. Especially if the economy improves.

We have had some real doozies recently, Tone and now Scomo
You cant rule anything out with this voting public
True, just look at how many clueless muppets out there vote for the Greens.

I'm calling it now NSWCROW, Albo will be the next PM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back