Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

not if newscorp still exists
Clive Palmer was more an influence this time, $60 million to beam himself into the bogan's lounge room at dinner time to tell them to vote against their best interests and the bogan being the dull and impressionable creature believed him because they saw him on tv.

Clive Palmer was more an influence this time, $60 million to beam himself into the bogan's lounge room at dinner time to tell them to vote against their best interests and the bogan being the dull and impressionable creature believed him because they saw him on tv.
Yeah
Was certainly a team effort

As i said in the election thread , he was the " Trans-Am " and the libs were the " Semi carrying Coors back east of the ole' miss "

In hindsight it's more like he was the Mirthmobile and the libs were the Beverly Hillbillies jalopy

About time Albo actually had a crack at the Liberals, after waving through their tax cuts legislation and essentially being Liberal-lite since becoming opposition leader by default. It's just a tweet, but at least it's a start.

About time Albo actually had a crack at the Liberals, after waving through their tax cuts legislation and essentially being Liberal-lite since becoming opposition leader by default. It's just a tweet, but at least it's a start.

I feel like the powers that be of the Labor Party are trying to reign him in too much. The people want to see Albo go bang!

Agree with that comment. As Leader of the House he was feisty, combative and tactically smart. Since taking over the leadership he seems more intent of being Mr Nice Guy.

The Libs have set the tone for the next election “we did the best we could..surplus..it’s all the banks fault for not passing on all those rate cuts and the China trade dispute. You can’t trust Labor to manage you through these tough time’s..”.

Labor MPs have raised concerns about Senator Kristina Keneally's handling of the Home Affairs portfolio, accusing her of unilaterally breaking bipartisan conventions on national security.

The sooner Labor get rid of her and Wong. The sooner they start their rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Labor MPs have raised concerns about Senator Kristina Keneally's handling of the Home Affairs portfolio, accusing her of unilaterally breaking bipartisan conventions on national security.

Why Wong?

Keneally I get why

I'd rather Labor wasn't bipartisan on national security, I genuinely don't believe that this government acts in the best interests of the country.

I'd rather Labor wasn't bipartisan on national security, I genuinely don't believe that this government acts in the best interests of the country.
It's a policy area they'll never win on for mine

LNP will always wedge them on this, as seen on the AA Bill when Shorten had to pass through the stupid bill as the LNP cracked the shits and walked out of Parliament (Labor would've copped it from Rupert had they not waved it through)

Disgraceful for mine

It's a bad place for the ALP when letting children come to Australia is the right thing to do, the morally right thing to do but if anyone in that group or attached to that group ever do anything violent that hurts someone outside the group then they will be destroyed politically for letting the fox into the hen house.

Politics is ugly stuff.

It's a bad place for the ALP when letting children come to Australia is the right thing to do, the morally right thing to do but if anyone in that group or attached to that group ever do anything violent that hurts someone outside the group then they will be destroyed politically for letting the fox into the hen house.

Politics is ugly stuff.
You're a fairly balanced conservative poster.

So what should they do then? I feel it's all a game of wedges in certain areas from the LNP

How do Labor beat the wedge?

You're a fairly balanced conservative poster.

So what should they do then? I feel it's all a game of wedges in certain areas from the LNP

How do Labor beat the wedge?

The ALP should be true to their values, stay advocating for returning ISIS fighters families.

The conspiracy would be:
ALP pushes the issue, the LNP eventually cave to pressure and allow them back.
...then Dutton lets a terrorist attack plan go through the interception networks in place and Australians are killed.
They then jump on the ALP as traitors to Australia and her people.

Like I said, politics are ugly.

The ALP should be true to their values, stay advocating for returning ISIS fighters families.

The conspiracy would be:
...then Dutton lets a terrorist attack plan go through the interception networks in place and Australians are killed.

That's basically what I'd imagine would happen/what the LNP would hope happens if Labor were in government.

Matthew Guy tried using that Somali terrorist attack in Melbourne CBD (homeless criminal trolley pushing dude saves the day) which happened weeks before the Victorian Election as a publicity stunt to push his tough against crime agenda as an example.

Nahhhh

Only campaigners salting it up over those 2 are the usual mutts , dutton lovers mostly , they don't like being stood up to all that much

Glass-Jaws

Politics is ugly stuff.
Won't be any worse than the whining newscorp do about Labor daily.

The conspiracy would be:

George Brandis and man monis say hi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back