Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Morrison turned it into a battle of personalities and Bill came up short.
Kill Bill was going on for many years not just the last few weeks
Scomo put on the baseball caps, the cardi ,drank a beer and went to church and appeared gormless and harmless while deflecting the bubble questions

Kill Bill was going on for many years not just the last few weeks
Scomo put on the baseball caps, the cardi ,drank a beer and went to church and appeared gormless and harmless while deflecting the bubble questions
The other thing was that everyone assumed the ALP would walk it in, including them it seems.

The LNP at their lowest point somehow held on to win. If we can get some economic investment kicking off in the next twelve months it could be a long time before the ALP get another shot

The other thing was that everyone assumed the ALP would walk it in, including them it seems.

The LNP at their lowest point somehow held on to win. If we can get some economic investment kicking off in the next twelve months it could be a long time before the ALP get another shot
There won’t be any major increase in infrastructure spending until the middle of next year. Come hell or high water the Coalition will not jeopardise a budget surplus for anything. Otherwise, Labor will belt them for breaking a promise and their constituents will double down on this belting.

There won’t be any major increase in infrastructure spending until the middle of next year. Come hell or high water the Coalition will not jeopardise a budget surplus for anything. Otherwise, Labor will belt them for breaking a promise and their constituents will double down on this belting.
They will also get belted by retail and their unemployed constiuents if they dont

Somehow think the improved result for Albo has more to do with the great unwashed working out what an empty vessel and suss individual the pseudo marketing bloke who occupies the PM's office is, rather than Albo hitting his straps yet. Add failed business executive to Scummo's resume.

Somehow think the improved result for Albo has more to do with the great unwashed working out what an empty vessel and suss individual the pseudo marketing bloke who occupies the PM's office is, rather than Albo hitting his straps yet...[/URL]

Pseudo marketing? Come on, before ScoMo became Prime Minister nobody outside a small town called Endagine even knew there was a Maccas there. Now the whole nation does. As far as marketing goes ScoMo really s**t it in with that one.

Albanese will be OK. He knows that the forthcoming election is a long way off and he is making some very significant and far sighted speeches which are laying the foundations for the next election.

Albanese won't be wishy washy nor be viewed with suspicion as was Shorten who did a bonza job, in confirming people's perception of him as sneaky and untrustworthy at the last election due to his slipping and sliding on policies and the patronising way he treated the electorate.

Albanese comes across as non-threatening and given how spectacularly inept and corrupt Morrison and his Bjelke-Peterson type government has started it's time in office, in my view, Albanese is perfect and he is politically savvy, unlike Shorten.

Will be Australia's next PM at the next election in a landslide. Is a billion times more engaging than Shorten, with the union's stumbliung block for Morrison we will see Albanese ahead at the next polls (for what they are worth) and he won't look back, it also helps Albanese with such an incompetent government that's complacently inadequate because they've been afforded to be so.

Albanese comes across as non-threatening and given how spectacularly inept and corrupt Morrison and his Bjelke-Peterson type government has started it's time in office, in my view, Albanese is perfect and he is politically savvy, unlike Shorten.
At the last leadership spill the ALP rank and file wanted Albo, the faction leaders compromised on Shorten. The public just never warmed to Shorten, even before he began an exercise in political overreach for an opposition leader.

Shorten was Rudd-lite, Albo is far more like Dan Andrews. Nobody knows if it will play on the big stage but it works at state politics level so it's a strategy I expect Albo will stick to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the last leadership spill the ALP rank and file wanted Albo, the faction leaders compromised on Shorten. The public just never warmed to Shorten, even before he began an exercise in political overreach for an opposition leader.

Shorten was Rudd-lite, Albo is far more like Dan Andrews. Nobody knows if it will play on the big stage but it works at state politics level so it's a strategy I expect Albo will stick to.
I remember distinctly buttonholing my local state MP, Micheal Atkinson, and asking him in a rather animated way how in the hell ALP members and the general public were to take the Labor Party seriously when the wishes of the rank and file were being disregarded? His answer was that Bill was the right person to lead the ALP. I put the question too him again and he basically said that the ALP had not broken any rules and you know, he was right. The ALP had not broken any rules; it was what Rudd had put in place, with the backing of the Barons wanting to protect their Fiefdoms, because in Rudd's megalomaniacal mind, the people of Australia were going to sweep him into power and he would always remain leader because his subjects loved him.

Albanese is well liked and comes with no baggage.

The LNP got another term they didnt deserve but the cost will be Albo and Labor will win the next election in a landslide, they will win the senate by enough that they'll only need the greens to pass legislation and not the usual far right cross bench. Whilst Labor voters and greens are shitty that Albo is pandoring to the centre right, it is this tactic that will win them the next election. They will steal centre right votes off LNP. The 'quiet Australians' as it were. Yes, it means a heap of shitty legislation gets through pretty much unopposed (I'm looking forward to the melts when the religious discrimination laws pass with LNP and LAB in full support), but it will guarantee them victory, imo.

I remember distinctly buttonholing my local state MP, Micheal Atkinson, and asking him in a rather animated way how in the hell ALP members and the general public were to take the Labor Party seriously when the wishes of the rank and file were being disregarded? His answer was that Bill was the right person to lead the ALP. I put the question too him again and he basically said that the ALP had not broken any rules and you know, he was right. The ALP had not broken any rules; it was what Rudd had put in place, with the backing of the Barons wanting to protect their Fiefdoms, because in Rudd's megalomaniacal mind, the people of Australia were going to sweep him into power and he would always remain leader because his subjects loved him.

Albanese is well liked and comes with no baggage.
Without Rudd's "rules" Shorten would still of stayed Labor Party Leader. Just we wouldn't have been certain what the rank and file wanted. Are you complaining that Rudd was not megalomanical enough to have the members directly elect the leader?

Question time ends. Anthony Albanese leaps up to speak. He says Scott Morrison is acting as though he’s been on a “victory lap” since the election and had won 100% of the vote. We’re not a one-party state, he says. This is a democracy.

This is the greatest jackboot administration that we have seen, and today in sacking five departmental heads, what they have also done is centralised power at the centre. Because when you have multiple cabinet ministers with a single department... all power gets centralised to prime minister and cabinet. The fact is that this government regards democracy as an inconvenience, one that can be dismissed at any time.

He's warming up slowly, but needs to fire real quickly. As i highlighted in another thread, seems silly being in QLD now when the actions in sydney
Fair call

Being in Sydney would definitely be opportunistic

Kinda feel if this was going on in 2021 then absolutely it'd be the right time to make that move though

He’s been too quiet on the bushfire crisis -he needs to step up, put pressure on the govt, show some leadership by highlighting some things that need to be improved upon.

It’s like trump and russia
But in Australia it’s Murdoch and fat Clive!

it’s not that labor’s policies were crap and had no costings done as money aparently grows on trees. It’s just let’s blame others

as corbyn said recently, the magic tree is in the caymen islands

next

Would never have been elected as an unknown in canberra. Just count ourselves lucky in victoria.
As much as I love Albo my ideal opposition leader would be Daniel Andrews (followed by Scott Ludlam)
Morrison is starting to have a distinct bailleu feel to him though. Inaction except for pet projects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back