Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Tanya Plibersek might be considering a go. When you start seeing articles like the following, its usually a sign that somebody's media team is trying to build a bit of momentum.

Could be interesting.....It's inevitable

Doesn't matter anyway. Labor needs to address what it stands for. Right now they aren't really offering much and Scomo hasn't been bad enough to lose the election.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. It's going to happen but not anytime before then. It's too early to make the move. Albo seems non existent although I don't use facebook anymore. The problem is Labor is struggling to appeal to the voter.

The talk is Morrison will go to an election second half of next year. You'd want a new leader bedded in before then.

As Caesar said, Chalmers would help with Queensland and is a good media performer:

What were interest and inflation rates like back then?
Yes, yes. I understand the reasons, and personally I thought the Accords were good policy. But then, I hate unions.

Every time Keating is interviewed he takes credit for everything good to come out of his time at the top, and swears blindly that everything bad is a result of other people perverting his wonderful ideas. Normal for a politician perhaps, but for some reason people seem to believe him.

Keating is the biggest culprit going around for the last 30 years of stagnant wages growth. To present himself as a champion of the people on the subject would be like trotting out Howard to talk about how to fix Iraq.

A few more people need to read Elizabeth Humphrys’ How Labour Built Neoliberalism.

What I found interesting about the last Essential Preferred PM poll (54-24 to Morrison) was the breakdowns. Albanese only led 48-31 with Labor voters and 37-28 with Greens voters.

Admittedly Preferred PM is sort of a pointless number, but I’d still be interested in hearing the reasons that almost a third of Labor and Greens voters prefer Morrison over Albo. That seems weird to me.

Yes, yes. I understand the reasons, and personally I thought the Accords were good policy. But then, I hate unions.

Every time Keating is interviewed he takes credit for everything good to come out of his time at the top, and swears blindly that everything bad is a result of other people perverting his wonderful ideas. Normal for a politician perhaps, but for some reason people seem to believe him.

Keating is the biggest culprit going around for the last 30 years of stagnant wages growth. To present himself as a champion of the people on the subject would be like trotting out Howard to talk about how to fix Iraq.

A few more people need to read Elizabeth Humphrys’ How Labour Built Neoliberalism.

It reflects the rusted on view - Keating was one of our better Treasurers not PMs. Even so I listen to his rants because he is entertaining, good to listen too.

Think Albo is trying to be all things to all people. He was at his best as Leader of the House. Tough, tenacious, politically alert. Made Pyne look 2nd rate. I want that Albo back.

It reflects the rusted on view - Keating was one of our better Treasurers not PMs. Even so I listen to his rants because he is entertaining, good to listen too.
Do you remember when Keating followed the ILO (International Labor Organization)?

Interesting speculation in this article:

I found the last paragraph quite bizarre:

But there is also Albanese’s nemesis, Shorten, who has remained on the front bench and is naturally watching events with interest. He would have less to lose by putting his hand up, claiming that he’s learned from his past errors. He’s the opposite of a fresh face, of course. But as we know from the past 11 months, these are strange days.

The idea that Labor would resurrect Bill Shorten for another tilt is pretty fanciful. At least, I hope so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Albo is trying to be all things to all people. He was at his best as Leader of the House. Tough, tenacious, politically alert. Made Pyne look 2nd rate. I want that Albo back.
Very few people give two stuffs who speaks/performs well in Parliament and fewer still understand the rules or care/know when they're broken.

Plenty of time till the election just have to wait for Jobkeeper to phase out and for lack of immigration and Chinas trade war to take effect and sit back and watch the Muppet Show try and spin its way out of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back