Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he really say we shouldn't open until we can produce our own mRNA vaccine?

We really should be. Relying less on imports at this point would be good.

It would create jobs.
It would see real funding into our university and medical research sectors.
It would allow even more vaccine to be available to our community.
Once we have had our full supply, we can then support Pacific nations through export of that supply.

The other factor has to be getting Australians home. This is achieved very easily.
Every state and territory has a dedicated quarantine facility built. Again creating jobs.
Then instead of people paying $10000 for a 1 way flight then 2 weeks quarantine in home or hotels at own expense, they are housed in dedicated facilities first.

We really should be. Relying less on imports at this point would be good.

It would create jobs.
It would see real funding into our university and medical research sectors.
It would allow even more vaccine to be available to our community.
Once we have had our full supply, we can then support Pacific nations through export of that supply.

The other factor has to be getting Australians home. This is achieved very easily.
Every state and territory has a dedicated quarantine facility built. Again creating jobs.
Then instead of people paying $10000 for a 1 way flight then 2 weeks quarantine in home or hotels at own expense, they are housed in dedicated facilities first.

I have nothing against the development and investment into a mRNA facility and further investment into medical research within Australia. We produce some of the world's best scientists, however a lot have to go overseas for further development, or explore overseas opportunities to start their clinical trial, which we then pay for later.

Unless the government throws $1 billion at the project (which I don't see happening) there is no chance of getting a facility up and running until 2023 at the earliest and because of that I see it as a slightly reckless comment. Imo focus should've been directed again to why the states are showing more leadership again and have all contributed funding. I haven't seen much from the feds, although I expect something soon.

My problem with quarantine facilities is it's a media biased solution, appears to do something but doesn't solve much. Why can't the aircon be upgraded to enable the right positive pressure down the corridor? What do they become afterwards? Do we continue to maintain them for the next pandemic? Is there a better solution for transport of people?

Surely with all the 'smart' people across all the government bodies we would've made a more robust system.

Whomever is Albo's press officer ,they should be sacked asap.
I could do a better job.
Labor need to sack AA or tell him not to speak again until after the next election.

Albo down from 41% to 34%

doesnt really matter. as long as the alp run a small target campaign, its a referendum on Morrison and his COVID response

Libs will lose Chisholm and Hawke in Victoria - this is pretty much certain. Just this gives the libs two seats they need to pick up in NSW and QLD. then you add that Latrobe, Monash, Casey are all getting flagged for concern locally, and even the likes of deakin and aston are causing worries.

what seats outside Victoria do you see the libs picking up?

doesnt really matter. as long as the alp run a small target campaign, its a referendum on Morrison and his COVID response

Libs will lose Chisholm and Hawke in Victoria - this is pretty much certain. Just this gives the libs two seats they need to pick up in NSW and QLD. then you add that Latrobe, Monash, Casey are all getting flagged for concern locally, and even the likes of deakin and aston are causing worries.

what seats outside Victoria do you see the libs picking up?
If you read my earlier post you would understand why the figures were quoted.
AA's press secretary needs to tell him to shut up until the next election.
Some easy steal able seats in NSW WA and maybe QLD for alp if AA doesnt shoot himself in the foot.
The only darts they need to throw are at covud. Vax rollout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you read my earlier post you would understand why the figures were quoted.
AA's press secretary needs to tell him to shut up until the next election.
Some easy steal able seats in NSW WA and maybe QLD for alp if AA doesnt shoot himself in the foot.
The only darts they need to throw are at covud. Vax rollout.

and if you read my post - it doesnt matter

if no wins in the rest of the country happen, hawke and chisholm deliver the election to the ALP. and thats without even factoring in the additional seats Morrisons war on victoria will cost them.

albo will be akin to biden last year - just the body on the anti-morrison ticket

and if you read my post - it doesnt matter

if no wins in the rest of the country happen, hawke and chisholm deliver the election to the ALP. and thats without even factoring in the additional seats Morrisons war on victoria will cost them.

albo will be akin to biden last year - just the body on the anti-morrison ticket
So they need to hide and muzzle him until election?
Which is my point.

So they need to hide and muzzle him until election?
Which is my point.

no - they could have anyone other than a latham and the result will be the same

albo isnt a latham, no matter how much you try to make him into one

if no wins in the rest of the country happen, hawke and chisholm deliver the election to the ALP
The Coalition hold 76 seats, Labor hold 68, and you need 76 for a majority. Even if we assume everyone on the crossbench besides Kelly and Katter back Labor in a hung parliament, this leaves us with 78-73. Hawke and Chisholm alone don't deliver the election to the ALP, they only reduce the Coalition to a minority government, 76-75. Labor need at least one more seat, and that's assuming Patrick, Steggall and Haines all support them.

The Coalition hold 76 seats, Labor hold 68, and you need 76 for a majority. Even if we assume everyone on the crossbench besides Kelly and Katter back Labor in a hung parliament, this leaves us with 78-73. Hawke and Chisholm alone don't deliver the election to the ALP, they only reduce the Coalition to a minority government, 76-75. Labor need at least one more seat, and that's assuming Patrick, Steggall and Haines all support them.

given the alp potentially pick up 5 in victoria, they should have that covered

What about WA.
They are very unpopular here in QLD as well.

they will torture a few muslims and nationalize a chinese owned mine or two to get QLD onboard

they will torture a few muslims and nationalize a chinese owned mine or two to get QLD onboard
It wont work.
Gladys and Sco Mo are hated up here.
No proper quarantine and Gladys and her nastiness and total stuff up in her lite lockdown, means we have been at risk up here.

We work really hard to comply, we enjoy our freedoms.
We back the lockdowns when they occur. Peer pressure up here to do, it right , so we can get out of lockdown is immense.

I do not know one person who has a kind word to say about the LNP.

They are not helped up here by going backwards in having the Borg as their LNP President. Silly twits.

Terrible announcement by Albo this morning. He didn't need to be specific with a price, he should have just said the Government should incentivise the rollout.

Instead he's given the Govt a target and the media are mega-phoning the Govt response of "wasteful spending".

Anyone who knows detail knows the Govt wasted a lot more than this, but it feeds into the "ALP are wasteful spenders" storyline.

I suppose it's given him some better air-time, but I think the nuffies will buy the response more than the initial idea. If vaccinations don't hit targets (quite likely) and are still a problem come election time, then I guess it will likely pay off. "We announced a plan in August that the Government didn't do and now we're still having lockdowns"

Not trying to make him a Latham.
Just alluding to the fact that the only way labor can lose is to let anybody shoot themselves in the foot.

talking funny isnt going to do that. standards on looks and demeanour only apply to female politicians

Remove this Banner Ad

Back