FTA-TV Alcatraz

Remove this Banner Ad

So the premise is that the 302 inmates who were supposed to be transferred all "escaped" when the prison closed in 1963, and now 50 years later it's been realised that they have been committing felonies again since their escape? Presumably with the assistance of cosmetic surgery as the perps in that preview don't look anywhere near 50 years old.
Not sure I'll be tuning in for this one.

So the premise is that the 302 inmates who were supposed to be transferred all "escaped" when the prison closed in 1963, and now 50 years later it's been realised that they have been committing felonies again since their escape? Presumably with the assistance of cosmetic surgery as the perps in that preview don't look anywhere near 50 years old.
Not sure I'll be tuning in for this one.

They said the main perp featured in the clip is "85 years young" in 2011. Except he looks exactly the same as he did in 1963, when he would've been around 37.

I don't think it's going to be as a simple as "they have been committing felonies again since their escape".

I don't think it's going to be as a simple as "they have been committing felonies again since their escape".

When San Francisco Police Department Det. Rebecca Madsen (Sarah Jones) is assigned to a grisly homicide case, a fingerprint leads her to Jack Sylvane (Jeffrey Pierce), a former Alcatraz Island prisoner who died decades ago

Obviously some fudging of details along the way...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jesus sounds like another "Lost" type debacle on the way. Knowing JJ's form with these shows he will just string people along giving you nothing.

Got 5 good years out of Lost and Fringe is really good, up to season 4 i think

i'll take that

I won't be watching if it is similar to Lost - it started well but then became ridiculous and I gave up.

So it doesn't sound like it will be PB so I won't be watching.

I won't be watching if it is similar to Lost - it started well but then became ridiculous and I gave up.

lol at what point did it became ridiculous, before or after the smoke monster ripped the pilot out of the plane............during the pilot

Lost started well but became ridiculous so you want it to be more like Prison Break? Seriously? At what point was lost not ridiculous. Like flight said, the pilot got ripped out of his plane by a monster in the pilot! PB became way more ridiculous and dropped off a shitload more than lost in terms of quality.

I'll give it a look as the trailer seems intersting. Would be more positive about it without Hurley in it to constantly remind me of lost and the fact this show could end the same way. Hated the ending of lost and I hope they've thought through their explanations for what's happening in this one.

Seems interesting.

Is there any point trying to watch this on Nine, though?

Can't remember the last American drama, that wasn't a crime procedural, that rated well in Aus.

It'll be the usual.

Big debut then a steady decline in ratings as Ten moves it to a different (later timeslot), then moves it to another day, and anyone vaguely interested in it will either wait for the DVD or download it from the US.

The last big US hit Channel 10 had was Modern Family and they squandered that by treating the audience with absolute contempt and shoved repeats in between new episodes, changed it from Tuesday to Sunday, back to Tuesday and then back to Sunday again.

I used to watch it on Ten (one of those shows where I wasn't overly keen on it to actually download it but interested enough to watch) but I just gave up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back