Health Alcohol - quitting and coping with age

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to do the opposite in analysing the people working there when I was a regular at the bottleshop, as in why has this bloke been working here behind the counter for 4+ years? Like how mind numbingly boring must this be on poor pay and doesn't he have any actual career ambitions?
i have no idea how anyone can last more than about two years at one owned by Coles or Woolies. Evil conditions. Decent pay but very unsafe and the management are moronic control freaks or people who think if they treat every uni student like a turd, they'll be CEO.

i have no idea how anyone can last more than about two years at one owned by Coles or Woolies. Evil conditions. Decent pay but very unsafe and the management are moronic control freaks or people who think if they treat every uni student like a turd, they'll be CEO.

Those places have the worst playlists too. A U2 song from 2004 is the best thing you'll hear in 3 hours.

Those places have the worst playlists too. A U2 song from 2004 is the best thing you'll hear in 3 hours.
I used to chuck the radio on because it was a smaller place, sometimes the old bluetooth. I once figured out how to unlock the computers too so I spent plenty of shifts *in around streaming the footy. Still not worth it though.

Yeah I don't get those fitness freaks either. Just live a little and have some carbs, or something greasy.

**** calorie counting and measuring your input for every meal.
I counted calories when I wanted to lose weight and it works really well but **** doing it forever.

Just have a few beers and good food and do some exercise.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had a campaigner of a day and having some on-sale lager which it's too cold for but * me if I don't feel more relaxed. Getting some dinner going soon with the headphones on. No money, not much to look forward to, but gotta enjoy what you can.

I'm having an ultrasound on my liver on Wednesday. I'm f***ing bricking it.
Good luck. I recently had all my internals checked out and was shitting myself waiting for the results, considering I've been drunk since 1999 and a smoker for 30 years. I was shocked and elated when I was told that everything was perfect. I really couldn't believe it and felt pure joy on my way home thinking about a pint and a shot of vodka to conrgatulate myself with.

Hopefully it's good news for you too.

Had a campaigner of a day and having some on-sale lager which it's too cold for but **** me if I don't feel more relaxed. Getting some dinner going soon with the headphones on. No money, not much to look forward to, but gotta enjoy what you can.

Yes. I hear ya mate

. I recently had all my internals checked out

I wanna do that one day. Just get a full everything check.

Is it an age thing? Im 40 in Dec but going on a holiday so wanna do it after Im back so Im not bummed out of they are like "oh you're gone mate!" And holds up Billy Bowden finger.

Is it an age thing? Im 40 in Dec but going on a holiday so wanna do it after Im back so Im not bummed out of they are like "oh you're gone mate!" And holds up Billy Bowden finger.
One of the blokes I went to school with, his old man in his 50s went to the Docs just to get a regulation check up before going on a motorbiking trip up north or something. Then found out he had only a few months to live with cancer, poor bastard.

One of the blokes I went to school with, his old man in his 50s went to the Docs just to get a regulation check up before going on a motorbiking trip up north or something. Then found out he had only a few months to live with cancer, poor bastard.
Exactly.

Is it better to not know? Or get it early?

I reckon most blokes just go to the Docs if we're in actual pain... rarely just check up stuff.

I got up in the middle of the night and pissed blood, told my doctor and immediatley I was sent for a stack of tests. All came back fine.

How unsafe?
I've been to Woolies and Coles all around Australia hundreds of times and I've never seen an ambulance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How unsafe?
I've been to Woolies and Coles all around Australia hundreds of times and I've never seen an ambulance.
This is a classic stance to take.

'I've been there so I'd know! Don't complain!'

Girls working solo shifts from 5-10pm.

Girls doing sole closing from 11:30-12:00am with people banging on doors being pissed idiots.

No security on the door when there are two 21-year olds manning the store while pissed idiots drop cartons and baby boomers haggle prices.

Woolworths and Coles are also the main leaders in trying to get casual employees across the board.

It's not nice.

Had a campaigner of a day and having some on-sale lager which it's too cold for but **** me if I don't feel more relaxed. Getting some dinner going soon with the headphones on. No money, not much to look forward to, but gotta enjoy what you can.

Sat down the other day after a shitty day and cracked open a can that was 3 standard drinks. * me that felt good.

This is a classic stance to take.

'I've been there so I'd know! Don't complain!'

Girls working solo shifts from 5-10pm.

Girls doing sole closing from 11:30-12:00am with people banging on doors being pissed idiots.

No security on the door when there are two 21-year olds manning the store while pissed idiots drop cartons and baby boomers haggle prices.

Woolworths and Coles are also the main leaders in trying to get casual employees across the board.

It's not nice.
I worked for a few months night shift at Woolies doing refits mainly for lighting. Tbh when you are often trying to work off a wobbly as **** 1 man EWP at 5+ metres and occasionally live switchboards worrying about getting beaten up or mugged on the way out was about the last thing on your mind!

Tell me about it. I want to spew up anytime my mates decide we'll kick on with a slab of UDLs. Such a ******* rip off.
When the price hike came in I was down the pub bottle shop a week or 2 later and said to the owner "Geez how much have they gone up". She said "Yeah it's a fair bit. Surprisingly it doesn't seemed to have stopped people buying them though.. we have been selling just as many as we did before.." Good one Mr Rudd, it was all about tackling kids' binge drinking, not revenue raising at all.

I'm also amazed at how many people that you see walking out from BWS carrying a 10 pack or whatever of them that look dirt poor.

When the price hike came in I was down the pub bottle shop a week or 2 later and said to the owner "Geez how much have they gone up". She said "Yeah it's a fair bit. Surprisingly it doesn't seemed to have stopped people buying them though.. we have been selling just as many as we did before.." Good one Mr Rudd, it was all about tackling kids' binge drinking, not revenue raising at all.

I'm also amazed at how many people that you see walking out from BWS carrying a 10 pack or whatever of them that look dirt poor.
Yeah same with cigarettes. Most people have just moved onto cheaper nastier brands like Rothmans, Bond Street etc. Cigarettes are now at an absurd price and for the vast majority it hasn't deterred them. They might comment when they go up, one might occasionally sook but that's about it.

With UDLs and all those drinks there's a whole bunch of people my age or younger who have never seen them at cheaper prices so we're used to it.

It's ****ed the amount of blokes I see who look like they can hardly afford decent clothes and drive a bomb of a car that come in weekly or a few times a week to buy 10 packs and packets of darts.

Cigarettes and alcohol... tbh * em. It'll put a strain on the system at one point when all these people need government-subsidised medical attention.

You'd have to be an idiot or very very rich to smoke. I remember people being offended at the price hikes five years ago. They'd never say 'nah no * that!' they'd just buy them... I imagine they're doing the same now.

I'm lucky my mates are normal lads who like sitting down the pub with money we don't have and we deliberate over Peroni reds for 35 or something nice for 60 together. If someone suggested UDLs I'd say 'have fun mate!'

Cigarettes and alcohol... tbh **** em. It'll put a strain on the system at one point when all these people need government-subsidised medical attention.

You'd have to be an idiot or very very rich to smoke. I remember people being offended at the price hikes five years ago. They'd never say 'nah no **** that!' they'd just buy them... I imagine they're doing the same now.

I'm lucky my mates are normal lads who like sitting down the pub with money we don't have and we deliberate over Peroni reds for 35 or something nice for 60 together. If someone suggested UDLs I'd say 'have fun mate!'
You flip flop within posts like nobody else on here

Cigarettes and alcohol... tbh **** em. It'll put a strain on the system at one point when all these people need government-subsidised medical attention.

You'd have to be an idiot or very very rich to smoke. I remember people being offended at the price hikes five years ago. They'd never say 'nah no **** that!' they'd just buy them... I imagine they're doing the same now.

France is catching up on tobacco prices but I was still shocked when I visited Aus in 2018. Think it cost me near $50 for a packet and the quality was rubbish. In France it costs me around 15 euros( AUD 22.50) for 40 grams, but I cross the border into Italy and it's about 8 euros. I spent 300 euros last week when I was in Italy on Cigs, that would have cost me 600 here and probably close to AUD$1,000. In 3 weeks in Australia last year I reckon I spent around $400 on tobacco. It's mad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back