Health Alcohol - quitting and coping with age

Remove this Banner Ad

I was never a really big drinker but I cut back my alcohol to almost nothing and also cut out soft drinks as I was trying to lose a few kgs. I am sure I am healthier for it but a bit disappointed it made zero impact on weight. I didn't really substitute it with anything.
Could be other sugar you eat ? or the time you eat ?

I think you are right about the time, I don't need to lose much but could lose a few. It was just dissapoonting as it wasn't easy to give up soft drinks and cut back alcohol.
Im off sugar (and booze) at the moment went off for 6 months last year went to Japan got back on then went off again and then went to Melb for X mas back on
3rd time lucky
It feels good and you taste sweet in lots of things when you cut it out.
Even plain milk tastes sweet now

I dont drink soft drink so its not that hard but its all the hidden sugars
I will give it a few months and see how I go there arent any trips or big events planned so should be able to do it,
Might break out for Easter and have a chocolate egg (dark ) and a hot cross bun

Around half a year ago on an episode of Joe Rogan Experience, one of the guests, the comedian Nikki Glaser, spoke about quitting alcohol. She had a drinking problem early in her career and was recommended a book by Allen Carr named "How to Stop Drinking Alcohol". After reading it she was able to immediately quit. I was intrigued so I bought the book myself. Since reading it I haven't touched alcohol either and it's done wonders for my physical and mental health. I also read another book by the same author about quitting caffeine and gave that up too. The author basically goes through all your reasons for drinking and then debunks them. Not an advertisement or anything, but it's the closest thing to a magic solution that I've come across.

I dont get why people go to the pub to get drunk, not cost effective. Maybe because I'm just anti social
Sitting with mates at a pub having a drink is fun - sometimes you need to go out for a change up etc

I prefer pubs (good pubs, * pokies/TAB pubs) but the dollarydoos add up quick. Not worth it by yourself.

I only used to like to go to the pub for a few beers and bets on the horses. Now I dont bet anymore I hardly ever go to a pub.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I only go to a pub for Melbourne cup carnival to put on some bets and collect my winnings (which usually doesnt happen)
The last time I had a beer in a pub was when watching the Hawks in Thailand years ago

Yeah the only handful of times Ive stepped into a pub since a few years ago was if we organised to have a pub meal then Id just have a beer.

Dont see the point paying $6-$8 for a pint when I could get a 6 pack for $15 or whatever and relax at home.

Saying that the friends/family I would have a beer with hardly can due to money/family etc

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

5 weeks without a drink. Is there such a thing as delayed withdrawal? Longest Ive been without booze since I was legally able to drink. Currently 9am and contemplating driving to the airport to smash a pint.

Around half a year ago on an episode of Joe Rogan Experience, one of the guests, the comedian Nikki Glaser, spoke about quitting alcohol. She had a drinking problem early in her career and was recommended a book by Allen Carr named "How to Stop Drinking Alcohol". After reading it she was able to immediately quit. I was intrigued so I bought the book myself. Since reading it I haven't touched alcohol either and it's done wonders for my physical and mental health. I also read another book by the same author about quitting caffeine and gave that up too. The author basically goes through all your reasons for drinking and then debunks them. Not an advertisement or anything, but it's the closest thing to a magic solution that I've come across.
I read his smoking book
Quit in one go
After trying patches numerous times, gums, tablets even hypnotherapy that didnt work i had nothing to lose

I was a complete campaigner for two weeks but after that...all good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back