Aleague 18/19 Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Seeing that I'm home and not attending the match tonight I'll start the round thread. because I'm sick and bored.

Round 9 matches

Friday 21st December
Perth V Sydney (1-2) win to Sydney

Saturday 22nd December
Wellington V Brisbane
Melbourne City V Melbourne Victory

Sunday 23rd December

Newcastle V Central Coast

Wednesday 26th December
Adelaide V Western Sydney Wanderers

my tips

Wellington, Victory (despite Honda out), Newcastle , Adelaide

enjoy the bants :)

Sydneys best performance so far this year.

Funny it was also the 1st game Jop didnt play

On the up.

Victory to win the Derby.

Other winners Brisbane, Adelaide and Newcastle.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Perth have been your bitches lately what is it now 8 in a row or something? amazing streak.

I'm a little concerned now that Honda is out because he has the ability to dictate the pace of the match.
still think we have enough talent to win through but it'll be difficult if we go behind early.

Perth have been your bitches lately what is it now 8 in a row or something? amazing streak.

I'm a little concerned now that Honda is out because he has the ability to dictate the pace of the match.
still think we have enough talent to win through but it'll be difficult if we go behind early.
9 I think.

Honda had me worried.

Just think Victory are on a good run and will be baying for blood.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does warren joyce actually believe he'll outlast fornaroli? the decision to freeze him out gets dumber and more harmful by the week for them.
The sooner Joyce goes, the better

Absolutely hideous player management from him, particularly towards senior players regularly alienating many

Got out of jail tonight, but tactically he's poor, not proactive and very dour

does warren joyce actually believe he'll outlast fornaroli? the decision to freeze him out gets dumber and more harmful by the week for them.
And why wouldn't he and why shouldn't he? Individual thinks he's bigger than the team and refuses to conform to agreed standards. What message does that send if the coach just glosses over it. Doesn't really respect the concept of a team and team rules if you make exceptions for your better players. Fornaroli's attitude is crap.

And why wouldn't he and why shouldn't he? Individual thinks he's bigger than the team and refuses to conform to agreed standards. What message does that send if the coach just glosses over it. Doesn't really respect the concept of a team and team rules if you make exceptions for your better players. Fornaroli's attitude is crap.

Wouldn't just blame Fornaroli, former City players had beef with Joyce and ended up leaving the club because of it (Kilkenny for one). You only have to read what Kilkenny said about Joyce to see that this isn't just Fornaroli's fault. Cahill had beef with him last season for constantly being benched. Kamau started last season very well then was frozen out. I'm sure there's more too.

Wouldn't just blame Fornaroli, former City players had beef with Joyce and ended up leaving the club because of it (Kilkenny for one). You only have to read what Kilkenny said about Joyce to see that this isn't just Fornaroli's fault. Cahill had beef with him last season for constantly being benched. Kamau started last season very well then was frozen out. I'm sure there's more too.
Cahill was benched because he was crap and finished. Kamau is a good example but Joyce from what I can see likes work ethic (Kamau has it) and physicality. Kamau could’ve been handled better but he hasn’t delivered at WSW either.

Absolutely this

Give me a proper man manager with a proactive approach to the game and we'd be sitting top 2/3 imo, not scrapping to just make the top 6

Cahill was benched because he was crap and finished. Kamau is a good example but Joyce from what I can see likes work ethic (Kamau has it) and physicality. Kamau could’ve been handled better but he hasn’t delivered at WSW either.
Work ethic, lol

Let's just sit a heap of guys behind the ball playing it out from the back slowly, isolate whoever is playing up front on their own and hope the full backs get forward at every opportunity, yet the funny thing is they get burned on the counter regularly for some stupid reason too.

His game plan is absolutely shite, work ethic can only give you so much when his game plan rarely goes through an advanced mid/number ten type pulling the strings and dictating play, linking midfield to attack. If his game plan was built around this sort of player then we'd be far better off, but alas he doesn't, yet he has had a number of players capable of playing that role effectively since he got to the club, but has completely shafted them one way or another.

If De Laet or Jameson ain't getting forward and whipping the ball in then we've got nothing in attack imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back