Alec Baldwin discharged prop gun that killed woman on movie set

Remove this Banner Ad

The only way this happens is if a lot of people f’ed up and didn't follow proper OH&S. There's going to be a lot of finger pointing over the next few weeks/months.
Sounds like it. A shame. It just looks like human error a few times in whole set that lead this to happen. Neglect is the real cause of death here it would seem.
There not going to be one person to blame for this. More a collective blame for being complacent and not doubling checking things that should be extra safe on. It will live with them forever to know if were more vigilant to safety it could have been avoided.

Why can't the firing stuff be added in post production?

Surely a live "bang" is only required for the stage?

I have no issue with real guns being used if they are following proper OH&S, but from everything I have read in the wake of this incident, there are a lot of cultural issues in hollywood right now where the main goal is to get a movie made under budget. There is a reverence within the industry and from those outside for movies that are made on shoe-string budgets that manage to become smash-hits at the box office or oscar darlings. It leads to corners being cut everywhere, and people being afraid to tell others to do things safely. It doesn't matter if it's the handling of guns or rigging lights, telling people to do things safely is met with eye-rolls and groans. This culture has festered for so long that many workers in the industry are threatening to strike and walking off set as was the case here.

My prediction is that we will see fewer guns in films using blanks from here on out as it is a cheaper and quicker solution to this specific incident than addressing the broader cultural issues.

Only in 2021 can people turn an accident on a movie set into a political argument. Dont like Alec Baldwin personally never been a fan but I wouldn't wish this in anyone.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will not click on the video due to that guys stupid YouTube clickbait thumbnail face.
Does it start with "Hey guys"?
It's a dumb thumbnail but a good video. Bloke is a working lawyer.

I will not click on the video due to that guys stupid YouTube clickbait thumbnail face.
Does it start with "Hey guys"?
Going to make content about a shooting death this falls for stupid content thumbnail cliches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back