News Alerts and Emails Behaving Screwy

Remove this Banner Ad

We are trying to track down the issues with alerts and emails being sent when there is no reason - the user has not subbed to the thread or followed the user but they are still getting messages about their activity.

The best thing to try first up is to find the forum, thread, or user and Watch or Follow them with all options switched OFF.

Then Unwatch or Unfollow.

If this works, please let us know below. If it doesn't work, please let us know.

The source of this issue is not known at this time. We suspect it is in an addon but it is not the type of issue we can recreate reliably to narrow things down.

• Admin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure what that means.

Can you give me an example?
I post a thread somewhere, anywhere, and then I get an email saying "ClarkeM posted a new thread to a forum you are watching at BigFooty Forum"

However, I am not watching this forum AND I'm not getting any other emails from other threads posted in said forum.

Damn and now I'm getting emails again from other posters posting in forums I am not watching.

Weird as.
I have a new update for the addon that is causing this.

Should be fixed this week. Sorry for the spam :(

Still having issues Chief

I unfollowed and reflowed a couple of people on Monday after getting dodgy emails again, and when you said the add-on was applied I thought maybe it was fixed. Didn't have any more 'new thread by someone you followed' emails until now.

But I just got yet another email about someone else I'm following creating a thread... so not fixed after all.

Still having issues Chief

I unfollowed and reflowed a couple of people on Monday after getting dodgy emails again, and when you said the add-on was applied I thought maybe it was fixed. Didn't have any more 'new thread by someone you followed' emails until now.

But I just got yet another email about someone else I'm following creating a thread... so not fixed after all.
Could you send me the email? Giving it to the developer to check out.

You're definitely not following that person, thread, or board?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back