Solved Alerts have stopped working / I am not receiving them

Remove this Banner Ad

I seem to have stopped, or am randomly getting notifications for being quoted or tagged. Only happened in the last 3-5 hours. Any work being done on the back end?
Jim Boy - not that I'm aware of?

Is anyone else having an issue with their notifications?

For the last 4-5 days my notifications have been acting weird. Most of the time it won't alert me at the top if I have been quoted or liked. Sometimes it says I have 1 notification when in fact I should have multiple.

Coincidentally, this all started to happen after I served a 24 hour thread ban (my first). Not sure if this has something to do with it.

Btw, I'm using mobile (iphone) and Chrome browser.

Thanks for any help.

Is anyone else having an issue with their notifications?

For the last 4-5 days my notifications have been acting weird. Most of the time it won't alert me at the top if I have been quoted or liked. Sometimes it says I have 1 notification when in fact I should have multiple.

Coincidentally, this all started to happen after I served a 24 hour thread ban (my first). Not sure if this has something to do with it.

Btw, I'm using mobile (iphone) and Chrome browser.

Thanks for any help.
Came to post this also. Seems to work okay on mobile but not getting alerts on desktop.

oODo5z3.png

Gap in my notifications for some reason.

(Yes I have had notifications since :( )

Hey Chief and/or jim boy

When you quote a post
It puts in a post number and a member number.

"Quivorir, post: 42994045, member: 98077"

If you delete the member number, does it stop that person from receiving an alert that you've replied to them?

It just seems to happen a lot when a certain poster replies to me. And I don't know if it's because the member number is deleted, or if there is a system problem? Because it only ever seems to happen with this poster.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/marriage-equality-debate.1091155/page-169#post-43022256

Very interested to find out when you have time to reply.

Cheers.

Hey Chief and/or jim boy

When you quote a post
It puts in a post number and a member number.

"Quivorir, post: 42994045, member: 98077"

If you delete the member number, does it stop that person from receiving an alert that you've replied to them?

It just seems to happen a lot when a certain poster replies to me. And I don't know if it's because the member number is deleted, or if there is a system problem? Because it only ever seems to happen with this poster.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/marriage-equality-debate.1091155/page-169#post-43022256

Very interested to find out when you have time to reply.

Cheers.
Did you get an alert for this reply?

Yeah.
I tested the member number with another poster. They still got the alert. So I'm not sure.
It's just a regular thing with this one poster.
I get alerts sometimes but not all the time.
Whereas I always get alerts from everyone else.
Well... I guess. As far as I know.
There are a few rules that mean you don't get every single alert - if you view a thread or have multiple responses from the same people I think. In any case I will check them out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a few rules that mean you don't get every single alert - if you view a thread or have multiple responses from the same people I think. In any case I will check them out.
Thabk you.
It's not a big deal. I was thinking a bit of deception was afoot because it frequently happens with that poster. But maybe I should take it to the conspiracy section.

Thanks for your time.

There are some specific times when an @username will not generate an alert.

Mainly this happens when the poster has edited an existing post and added the @username. This will not raise an alert with the user you are pinging.

Also, an @ to you posted by anyone on your Ignore list will not raise an alert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back