Alex Carey

Kram

I'll brik u
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Thread starter #1
Where is this bloke at so far playing for Australia?

Despite looking a bit ordinary at the crease batting and having a large amount of detractors on here has still averaged 31.5 @ sr 81.25 with pretty clean glove work from 12 matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tomsimpkin31

Premiership Player
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Bushrangers
He doesn’t seem to go any worse at international level than domestic level which suggests he’s got the technique and mindset for it. I’m skeptical as to how great his potential is but he’s going ok. It’s a tricky one as to how they move forward. It would have to be a tempting option to put Wade in for the World Cup but Carey is the anointed one and his form can justify his selection.

Woody15

Club Legend
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's gone OK. Bit scratchy at times batting but ended up scoring at more than a run a ball last night and hit a couple of good boundaries. His keeping has been neat as well. Not sure how many matches he would have played in India before so cant really go too hard on him.

Will probably get the gig for the WC given the squad selected for the UAE. Would have liked to have seen Wade selected in this series and for the UAE and picked just as a batsman. What Wade is capable of doing with the gloves is already known, but having him there at 6 perhaps for a couple of these matches (instead of Turner perhaps as its unlikely he will compete with anyone for a batting position - bit of a wasted selection IMO) would have worth a look to see how his current form plays out in the ODI side. Handscomb could have played a couple of matches and Wade the others.

A bit more competition for the keeping position in the lead up to the WC would have made it a bit more interesting.

Sproj

Team Captain
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I still don’t rate him. He dropped Kohl’s last night and missed another stumping chance, albeit difficult. Not really sure how he is offering more than a Handscomb/Wade/Paine/Bancroft. At least with Wade, Handscomb or Bancroft, you also get a decent bat and another free spot in the XI, which this side needs given how brittle the batting is.

Kram

I'll brik u
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Thread starter #5
Despite looking pretty meh out there he actually has a higher ODI batting average than both Handscomb and Wade.

to1994

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
He's nothing special but I doubt we'd get more out of Wade. Wade isn't suited to coming in late in the innings and his keeping is worse.

Give Carey the World Cup but I'm hoping a decent younger option presents themselves sometime soon, preferably someone who's actually suited to batting at 7 unlike Wade/Paine and potentially from what we've seen, Carey.

Top Bottom