Free Agency Alex Fasolo [joins Carlton as an Unrestricted Free Agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It almost looks certain that Fasolo will leave the Collingwood Football club. The lack of opportunity must be killing him, but to be fair our forward line has been quite potent this year.

On a good day, he could easily kick a bag. Last year, it was said that there was interest from WCE.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he left to one of the Perth teams.

Do WCE get him as a FA or trade? If they get Fasolo as a FA, it will affect Gaff’s compensation pick (if he leaves).

What’s his trade value?

26 year old. Averages 1.3 goals per game.

Last edited:
It almost looks certain that Fasolo will leave the Collingwood Football club. The lack of opportunity must be killing him, but to be fair our forward line has been quite potent this year.

On a good day, he could easily kick a bag. Last year, it was said that there was interest from WCE.

Do WCE get him as a FA or trade? If they get Fasolo as a FA, it will affect Gaff’s compensation pick (if he leaves).

What’s his trade value?

West Coast have Rioli, Ryan, Cripps, Le Cras, Ainsworth and Venables as small and general forwards. Fasolo with an injury history doesn't much value to the Eagles.

Might get a chance with Freo but we might be getting a Rozee or Hill.

Also, I wouldn't have thought that Fasolo would be in the top 25% of player salary at Collingwood and that would make him a unrestricted free agent.

West Coast have Rioli, Ryan, Cripps, Le Cras, Ainsworth and Venables as small and general forwards. Fasolo with an injury history doesn't much value to the Eagles.

Might get a chance with Freo but we might be getting a Rozee or Hill.

Also, I wouldn't have thought that Fasolo would be in the top 25% of player salary at Collingwood and that would make him a unrestricted free agent.

Agree on the WCE.

I had to double-check that. I was wrong.

Left field but I'd love to see him in the Crows colours. With Betts on his way out i reckon it'd be a good move.
Does mean Stephenson gets #1?

What’s his trade value?

Would hope that West Coast respectfully decline any offer of him to be traded to them.

Timing is everything ... two years ago, maybe even last year WC would have jumped at the idea , however with Rioli and Ryan, now Fasolo is not as needed as he once may have been.

Maybe Fremantle might be interested given that Ballantyne is cooked.

Carlton the likely destination.

A little bit like Menzel for mine. He probably deserves a spot on an AFL list, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him playing in the WAFL next year.

His age and lack of defensive pressure makes him a waste for a struggling side. He also doesn't scream a strong leader and character, so it would be a pretty uninspiring pickup for a Carlton, Fremantle or Gold Coast.

I don't think he would fit into many contending teams, and I don't think he is a good enough role model to play in the rebuilding teams. But, wouldn't be shocked to see someone pick him up as insurance on the cheap. Seems like a Port Adelaide move if ever there was one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said on our home board, I wouldn't mind too much if this deal happens. It's been clear for a while that he's been on the outer and there hasn't even been any discussion in the media about us offering him a contract and him not signing - unlike Moore or Elliott.

Gives him a fresh start, though I would have thought going back to Perth would be the more obvious thing. Hindsight is 20/20 but West Coast were interested in him last year. We said no, probably thinking he would still be critical to our forward line once he came off the injury list. We would've gotten more out of a trade with West Coast while he was still in contract rather than getting a compensation pick because he's an unrestricted free agent.

As I said on our home board, I wouldn't mind too much if this deal happens. It's been clear for a while that he's been on the outer and there hasn't even been any discussion in the media about us offering him a contract and him not signing - unlike Moore or Elliott.

Gives him a fresh start, though I would have thought going back to Perth would be the more obvious thing. Hindsight is 20/20 but West Coast were interested in him last year. We said no, probably thinking he would still be critical to our forward line once he came off the injury list. We would've gotten more out of a trade with West Coast while he was still in contract rather than getting a compensation pick because he's an unrestricted free agent.
he wouldnt get a game at the Eagles

I think his cards were marked before the season
I don't think so. He had shoulder surgery in the pre-season but would have played in Round 1 if fit. We were under the impression for a while that he and Elliott were critical to our forward line, but once Fasolo came off the injury list he couldn't crack into the side we had the likes of Stephenson, Hoskin-Elliott, Thomas and De Goey tearing it up.

I don't think so. He had shoulder surgery in the pre-season but would have played in Round 1 if fit. We were under the impression for a while that he and Elliott were critical to our forward line, but once Fasolo came off the injury list he couldn't crack into the side we had the likes of Stephenson, Hoskin-Elliott, Thomas and De Goey tearing it up.
Stephenson didnt kick a goal in his first 3 games and still got a game over him

Been injured a hell of a lot....so may be a good fit at the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back