Rumour Alex Fasolo linked return to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

GiantOrange

All Australian
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
News floating around for a while and now out on cyber space that Alex Fasolo could return home to play footy. The kid can turn a game on its head and would be a great pick up for someone. FB_IMG_1505181053755.jpg

Gets a lot of air time because of the club he plays for.
Nothing special IMO.
He has played 15 good games in his career.
Sounds a lot like your captain.

What did they say?
Basically that he was pretty much gone from Collingwood and only wanted to head home. Freo the front runner with Ballantyne only having one year left.

Not much noise from West Coast but they are still playing finals so that could change especially if LeCras pulls the pin. In saying that they do have Willie Rioli ready to go next year and are keen on Liam Ryan who is a mature age small forward from Subi.

I would happily take him at Freo, although I am not sure what he is worth (He is contracted for another year).

Collingwood are normally horrible to deal with (especially for contracted players), so they would need to want him gone before I would look at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke is pretty good, slightly lazy, I hope we can keep him.

31 games in the last 2 years for 54 goals not a bad return, let's face it Pies delivery going forward is putrid.

25.6 goals in 12 games last year (47 goals in a 22-game season)
29.29 in 2017 which might have been caused by his head not being completely in it. In a fresh environment, he could kick 40+ every year.

Clubs will be interested and should be. If the Eagles can replace LeCras with him, they'll be laughing.

I would happily take him at Freo, although I am not sure what he is worth (He is contracted for another year).

Collingwood are normally horrible to deal with (especially for contracted players), so they would need to want him gone before I would look at him.
There's really only on example of Collingwood being tough traders and that was for a top 10-15 midfielder in the competition. We're usually fair traders - Shaw, Wellingham, Dawes, Freeman etc. were all highly rated players who were traded with no struggles at all. If anything, we roll over at the trade table - see the 2016 trade period.

There's really only on example of Collingwood being tough traders and that was for a top 10-15 midfielder in the competition. We're usually fair traders - Shaw, Wellingham, Dawes, Freeman etc. were all highly rated players who were traded with no struggles at all. If anything, we roll over at the trade table - see the 2016 trade period.
Dawes, Wellingham are great examples of clubs getting screwed when dealing with Collingwood getting massive overs.

Dawes, Wellingham are great examples of clubs getting screwed when dealing with Collingwood getting massive overs.

Happens when teams are in a premiership windows and have won a flag, everything gets rated higher from coaches to players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back