Oppo Camp Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Blair's a good team man and has gotten the best out of himself. He'd be good to keep around but I reckon his senior footy is up.

I haven't said this for a while now but I'd be rapt if Blair stayed with the club next year to help set an example for the younger kids ... as a VFL listed player.

Competition will be fierce for his services though as he is still an effective on-baller at VFL level, so I have my doubts as to whether he'll be in the black and white next year.

On the other hand, does he demand a spot this season alongside Josh Thomas, Stephenson, WHE, and JDG, or does he even fit within that forward line? He certainly doesn't demand a spot, and I'm on the fence as to whether he is a good fit. He barely played a quarter this year, so it makes it really hard to tell...although the fact that the match committee selected him alongside JT, JDG, WHE and JS suggests that they were optimistic about the prospect. Right now, though, I'm not sure whose spot he could take.

Thats it in a nutshell. Short term the answer is no. Medium term throw Elliott into the mix. Some may argue that some of these players may move upfield, but in a midfield that is also looking very strong will there be room there to slot them in? So for me the medium term answer is also no.

Give him a game this week (rest De Goey).
Fas lifts in front of his family and friends, kicks a few, and increases his trade value.
Wins all round.

Fas lifts in front of his family and friends, kicks a few, and increases his trade value.
Wins all round.
Trade value is not to be brought up whilst he aspires to become a premiership player at AFL level. He is after AFL finals, not trade value since the club want him to continue beyond 2018.

Trade value is not to be brought up whilst he aspires to become a premiership player at AFL level. He is after AFL finals, not trade value since the club want him to continue beyond 2018.

Assuming that the 22 which beat Port Adelaide last weekend is rested and fit to play the first week of finals, is there a player from that 22 you would drop in favour of Fasolo? I like Fas, an I know you're a fan as well, and I suppose I'm just curious about where you see Fas in the current pecking order.

I am unsure where he’s at in the pecking order. I’m not the right person to dictate the order Alex is in at this stage. All he’s done is put himself in the minds of the match committee for this week or the first final.

I am unsure where he’s at in the pecking order. I’m not the right person to dictate the order Alex is in at this stage. All he’s done is put himself in the minds of the match committee for this week or the first final.

No worries, I agree that he's put his hand up, played some good footy. It's good to see.

Assuming that the 22 which beat Port Adelaide last weekend is rested and fit to play the first week of finals, is there a player from that 22 you would drop in favour of Fasolo? I like Fas, an I know you're a fan as well, and I suppose I'm just curious about where you see Fas in the current pecking order.

I reckon you’d move De Goey or Thomas into the midfield, Fas takes their spot in the forward line, and someone else gets dropped out, depending on form and role - might be Oxley, or a Murphy or Greenwood, or ....

I feel like out of all our veteran AFL players, he strikes me as one of the ones who doesn't mind playing VFL. He said something similar when he played his 50th a week or so ago. While he would prefer to be in the senior team, but playing VFL isn't anything to be ashamed of, he said.
Has a terrific attitude, a major reason why he's good to so much out of himself.
Be a terrific VFL captain.
Ideal for him and our young players coming through.

Historically, I don’t think Collingwood renew the contracts of experienced players who are fit and can’t get a game.
Why would we when we get bring in players who are never fit and therefore can't get a game.
Would rather Faz on our list than Wells or Reid or Moore for that matter.
Not buying the "he can't get a game"
Seems to me like he is not being given a game.
We player Crocker ahead of Faz.
Crazy

Why would we when we get bring in players who are never fit and therefore can't get a game.
Would rather Faz on our list than Wells or Reid or Moore for that matter.

The selection committee seem to pick Wells / Reid / Moore when they’re fit, but Fas not, so they’d seem to disagree with you?

Not buying the "he can't get a game"
Seems to me like he is not being given a game.

Why do you think he’s not being given a game?

We player Crocker ahead of Faz.
Crazy

Sometimes there is more going on behind the scenes that what we know about.

A hypothetical example, if Fasolo had removed himself from selection for personal reasons (just a Murray did recently) then we would have no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to see Fasolo back, it would mean that he is tapping into the immense potential he has and above all a team first attitude.

Wins all round.

I would rest WHE

Not a bad idea

Right now I only see Fas getting a spot if someone in our backline goes down. Move Checkers back, get Fas in as a lead-up forward where he does well. But of course somehow Crock will get the job ahead of him despite showing terrible forward pressure numbers.

But otherwise... no, and that statement by Bucks was pretty much the clincher in terms of his contract. Damn shame tbh. He had that X-factor that players like Fevola had - when they really wanted the pill they'd make anything happen to get it.

I was hoping we would rest JDG and play Faz this week.

I think the writing is on the wall that Fasolo will make a departure at the trade period/free agency (I have no idea what Fasolo's status is).

Fasolo is good enough to be picked up by other clubs. I'll sorely miss him if he does go.

Would have loved to see how his talent would have gone in our new and improved forward line structure.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the writing is on the wall that Fasolo will make a departure at the trade period/free agency (I have no idea what Fasolo's status is).

IIRC RFA

Fasolo is good enough to be picked up by other clubs. I'll sorely miss him if he does go.

Would have loved to see how his talent would have gone in our new and improved forward line structure.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fasolo would be a nightmare for the opposition,given our current forward set up.
In the past he has been the 1# or 2# go to player,now perhaps #3 or #4?

Fasolo would be a nightmare for the opposition,given our current forward set up.
In the past he has been the 1# or 2# go to player,now perhaps #3 or #4?
Cloke and Elliott were comfortably our #1 and #2 options. Fasolo sat third at best (I had White as a more typical option too)

Seems like his ticket is punched. There must be some sort of impasse between him and the club (capt obvious). Because for all the reasons mentioned above his talent is best 22 and I believe he is a reasonably hard worker.

Seems like his ticket is punched. There must be some sort of impasse between him and the club (capt obvious). Because for all the reasons mentioned above his talent is best 22 and I believe he is a reasonably hard worker.
He is behind Thomas, Stephenson, WHE, De Goey and Elliott. He’s clearly not best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back