Recommitted Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy for Wellingham... Lord knows we've cocked up a lot of trades in recent years and chased a bunch of useless FAs, but turning Wellingham into Grundy was a massive win.
If you want to present an honest account of what happened, you'd say Wellingham for pick 18, and the Pies then drafted well.

It's not like WC had Grundy on their list and then traded him to Collingwood.

For the record, WC still overpaid.

There's some classic back and forth in this thread.

Eagles supporters not rating him yet happy to post a gazillion posts about him. Pies supporters not rating him yet thinking he is worth above pick 30.

It's a good old fashioned tussle.

Pick 30 is probably right on the money and that deal will see both teams lose.

I can definitely see a 3 way trade between West Coast, Dees and Pies

Jack Watts > Pies
Fasolo > West Coast
Pick 30 > Dees

There would be some trading of later picks between the teams to balance everything out as well

Fasolo not worth anything under pick 50. Inconsistent small forward with mental health challenges presents a massive risk. His mental health is barely under control.

Mental health issues aside. I would not want west coast trading our second round pick for a player who is an unreliable set shot.
He was the best set shot on goal in the league in 2016. He had the yips in the first half of this year, but across his career he’s been incredibly good with his set shots.

He wrote an article on AFL players website. He is managing it better but by no where near out of the woods. It's a horrible illness that no one should have to suffer.
No different to anyone else suffering. Not a magical quick fix, but at least he can manage it and play footy. Only missed 1 game and came back kicking 15 goals in 9 games with a bag of 4. If that is a significant issue and means his value is very low, it sets a precedent for all other players who may be struggling mentally right at this time. So what would someone like Schache be worth? While he may not be suffering from depression, he is obviously struggling with the demands of afl footy and being away from home.

No different to anyone else suffering. Not a magical quick fix, but at least he can manage it and play footy. Only missed 1 game and came back kicking 15 goals in 9 games with a bag of 4. If that is a significant issue and means his value is very low, it sets a precedent for all other players who may be struggling mentally right at this time. So what would someone like Schache be worth? While he may not be suffering from depression, he is obviously struggling with the demands of afl footy and being away from home.
It's not different in my mind to someone who has a dodgy knee as an example. Greater risk of reoccurring injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's some classic back and forth in this thread.

Eagles supporters not rating him yet happy to post a gazillion posts about him. Pies supporters not rating him yet thinking he is worth above pick 30.

It's a good old fashioned tussle.

Pick 30 is probably right on the money and that deal will see both teams lose.

Not many on the Pies board would be happy with Fasolo leaving, lazy at times but is a very good forward, massive loss if he goes.

If Fasolo wanted to leave then I would not stand in his way. Elliott is now fit again and WHE can also play up forward.

Can Freo fans please let me know what they gave up to get Cam McCarthy? He had mental health issues?

Pointless question.

A desire to play for Freo was a manifestation of McCarthy's mental health issues.

It's a bit like asking "what did Hakea prison give up to get Ben Cousins?"

we all know wce will trade their first pick for him. sign hartung and keep gaff. miss ryan in the draft and pick up 3 more half back type soft average kicks.

I reckon Freo may make him an offer as a FA.
And the Pies may negotiate with Freo to ensure the offer is enough for a 2nd round pick.

Talented player, but pretty worthless if he cant get on the park. Probably 3rd round compensation, and possibly 2nd if we incentivise freo enough to pay high salary

I'd be happy for us to take a stab at him. Not sure if we would pay enough for 2nd round compo but you never know.

When he is not injured he certainly knows how to football.
Could've said the same thing about Mayne, did you think we were gonna pay enough to justify a 2nd round compo for him?

Could've said the same thing about Mayne, did you think we were gonna pay enough to justify a 2nd round compo for him?

Mayne was at least getting out on the park consistently.

I doubt even Freo pay 500k for 4 years for someone that injury prone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back