Free Agency Alex Fasolo [joins Carlton as an Unrestricted Free Agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would rather not take him. Has always been flashy even in some decent Collingwood sides, can’t imagine that’d translate well to a rebuilding team like us.

A few years back the Pies tried him at had back. Wasn’t too bad. Is very skilful and can be very damaging. Unfortunately he hasn’t developed the defensive side of his game which has been the reason he has been overlooked for so long. And when you have DeGoey, Hoskin-Elliott, Stephensen and Thomas all kicking over 30 goals this year, I’m afraid he has lost his chance.

Big Fas fan but time is right for him to explore greener pastures for reigniting his career. As mentioned in other posts, want get a game ahead of WHE, Stephenson, Thomas, JDG, Mihocek and Elliot (when he returns).

He's an upgrade on Polson & Graham and he's free. So why not?

Will fill a spot while we develop/draft a small forward and if he comes good then that's a bonus.
Not a bad player.

If injury free is definitely good enough to be playing ones.

Good spring, good hands and penetrating kick.

Needs to improve his pressure game though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get a 3rd round compensation pick that would good.

Has talent but just doesn’t apply the required pressure.

Interestingly he has never kicked 30 goals in a season. In 2018, DeGoey, Hoskin-Elliott, Stephensen and Thomas have all kicked over 30 goals.

Go blues.

If we get a 3rd round compensation pick that would good.

Has talent but just doesn’t apply the required pressure.

Interestingly he has never kicked 30 goals in a season. In 2018, DeGoey, Hoskin-Elliott, Stephensen and Thomas have all kicked over 30 goals.

Go blues.
With our current small and mid sized forwards we would take a 25 goal season...as sad as that is.

The one I really wanted was Josh Thomas. You guys have a very good footballer there.. .very good

With our current small and mid sized forwards we would take a 25 goal season...as sad as that is.

The one I really wanted was Josh Thomas. You guys have a very good footballer there.. .very good

Fas has also played half back. Bucks played him there a few years ago and he was capable. There is no doubt he has some class about him. He isn’t a crumbingbforward like Thomas. But a good mark. I always thought we couldn’t have both Elliot and Fas in the same team. Too similar in terms of their strengths.

I always thought he would be a good replacement for LeCras. But the blues could do worse and it’s not as if it is costing your club anything really.

Fas has also played half back. Bucks played him there a few years ago and he was capable. There is no doubt he has some class about him. He isn’t a crumbingbforward like Thomas. But a good mark. I always thought we couldn’t have both Elliot and Fas in the same team. Too similar in terms of their strengths.

I always thought he would be a good replacement for LeCras. But the blues could do worse and it’s not as if it is costing your club anything really.
Yeah if the rumour is true it is a wise decision. A third round compensation pick is also handy for Collingwood. It would be a win all round. Fasolo would get a fresh start with plenty of opportunities to play senior footy. Collingwood are well stocked in that area and would get fairly compensated. I don't think west coast could offer the money or a guarantee for regular senior footy

Cant see too much interest for him to be honest,West Coast wont be interested and cant see how he fits into fremantle

Free to good home
Well seeing he kicked 6 against you guys

Shows you know zip

Keep posting and keep proving it

Cost v reward you'd be mad not to explore it. The kid has elite traits (marking, goal kicking) but obviously has holes in his game that see him currently not getting a game in a top side.

At Carlton you would be mad not to enquire about him, he can play. Is a mature version of guys currently getting a game at Carlton and should he fulfil his potential (imho, a 50+ goal a year medium forward) then you win. If he doesn't, he wouldn't have cost much at all.

Big thing for me would be character. Is he a good kid or is he a bit of a larakin who likes to have fun more than applying himself? That would be the big test as to whether you bring him or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back