Alex Hales banned for recreational drug use.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The punishment should be for England to be forced to pick him.

Hmm? Am bemused by the constant calls for him in the test side, but he's world class in the short formats.

Anyway hope for his sake he gets it all together

Cainozz

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Really in a rut this guy at the moment and most likely could be linked with the public split up with his partner whom he cheated on

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It sounds as though the ECB had changed their tune once it had become public, but to be honest was probably the inevitable course of action

I feel a bit sad for him as he has had his problems, but I suppose the thing to remember is that there are other guys who have been doing everything right and in a more stable mental state that deserve the opportunity that opens up as a result (ie. Archer, Vince or Hain).

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
I think this is really being unsold as a very gross thing by the England cricket team. It's an illicit drug policy so his initial punishment was in keeping with similar polices (AFL, CA, etc) and it seems he's been given a second punishment because the captain can't trust him now or something? This doesn't exactly seem like a Kevin Pietersen type case yet I'm seeing too many people coming to Hales' defense...

I don't think he's much of a loss but I think this is all pretty disappointing

Back