Health Alex Honnold

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not doubting his talents or his marketability someones making a fortune I hope he is getting a cut because its his arse on the rock

He's not doing it for the money.

He does it for the challenge & because it's what he loves doing in order to feel free & fulfilled.

Who on earth would put their life on the edge & at risk every moment just to be rich & famous FFS?.....That's a recipe for disaster.

He's not doing it for the money.

He does it for the challenge & because it's what he loves doing in order to feel free & fulfilled.

Who on earth would put their life on the edge & at risk every moment just to be rich & famous FFS?.....That's a recipe for disaster.
Im not questioning his motivation or skills

cheap talent, more profit

probably like the Sco Mo bus or American pickers its all a facade to fool the punters

Surely you’re taking the piss. A facade, seriously. After watching that I would put him up there with the bravest people to have ever existed. Insane. I actually thought he might be so focused on the climb that he wouldn’t allow himself to stop and actually look down. I was wrong. Epic.

Surely you’re taking the piss. A facade, seriously. After watching that I would put him up there with the bravest people to have ever existed. Insane. I actually thought he might be so focused on the climb that he wouldn’t allow himself to stop and actually look down. I was wrong. Epic.
which part ?
Cheap talent more profit for National Geographic
or me suggesting he is getting down by chopper after he climbs up?

which part ?
Cheap talent more profit for National Geographic
or me suggesting he is getting down by chopper after he climbs up?

Does it matter. Get of your high horse and appreciate someone who has dedicated his life to a pursuit that is beyond the realm of any other human before him.

Stop being intentionally argumentative for the sake of it or maybe start a thread that is a thinly veiled bragging attempt on how many places you’ve visited around the world. I’m sure national geographic will be knocking on your door soon enough.

Does it matter. Get of your high horse and appreciate someone who has dedicated his life to a pursuit that is beyond the realm of any other human before him.

Stop being intentionally argumentative for the sake of it or maybe start a thread that is a thinly veiled bragging attempt on how many places you’ve visited around the world. I’m sure national geographic will be knocking on your door soon enough.
im ready to sell out and get the free chopper rides when they do

Maybe you need to watch the entire video of him climbing Yosemite before commenting again.
to be honest cant be bothered,not that what he does isnt spectacular,Im not disrespecting the boy who climbs rocks
Someone asked how does he get down I just pointed out theres a chopper filming him that probably takes him down
yes the guy has talent, yes he can climb a rock
yahhh for him ,lets get excited if it excites you.
Just wished he makes a living out of his passion, but as in everything in real life, the middle man always makes the biggest cut and in the internet peole get upset if someone points it out .

as you well know

carry on people the internet awaits

Im going over to look at a man who puts live snakes in his nose
iu

He did thorough research for it though, for some 10 years prior, of every single nick & cranny on his preferred route of that El Capitan Face of Yosemite Mountain.

Still, a 4 hour free-solo climb requires tremendous energy & concentration......A Phenomenal achievement.

He says he still feels fear & has panicked before, but that his research here was absolutely thorough & flawless.....He had every move already memorised in his head before-hand....Funnily enough, Kevin Bartlett says he use to imagine game-day scenarios prior to the game also & that it was almost magical how they'd come true so often for him.

Some kids have no fear of climbing as they haven't learnt to self-doubt as yet.....There is a definitive thrill & exhilaration that you just don't get doing anything else.

His thumbs are extremely elongated & angular & the gap between them & his fore-finger is quite pronounced.....He is also of a very gaunt build, which is perfect for free-holding your way up a mountain.....He must have tremendous balance & be phenomenally fit.

I’m not just talking about that one climb though, there’s plenty of videos of him climbing other things completely solo... including some buildings etc.

I know how prepared he is but it still relies on him never losing balance or tipping or making one single false move... sure you can improve the odds with preparation but surely it’s not something that can last forever... it’s gotta kill him, doesn’t it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not just talking about that one climb though, there’s plenty of videos of him climbing other things completely solo... including some buildings etc.

I know how prepared he is but it still relies on him never losing balance or tipping or making one single false move... sure you can improve the odds with preparation but surely it’s not something that can last forever... it’s gotta kill him, doesn’t it?

Might as well die doing what you love to do.

When you see all the things he's done leading up to this point, there's been a clear progression of bigger & larger scale dare-devil acts....But he does meticulous prep & leaves no stone unturned in that.....His mastery of his body & scaling impossible walls & rocks has been honed ever since he was a kid.

He knows what he's doing.

Might as well die doing what you love to do.

When you see all the things he's done leading up to this point, there's been a clear progression of bigger & larger scale dare-devil acts....But he does meticulous prep & leaves no stone unturned in that.....His mastery of his body & scaling impossible walls & rocks has been honed ever since he was a kid.

He knows what he's doing.

Yeah I get that, but what about other stuff he does? In one of the videos he scales an apartment building (looked to be 6 or 7 storeys) free solo. He hadn’t prepared for it. Afterwards somebody pointed out that he’d actually just climbed up an ornamental brick surface - they weren’t real bricks, just a surface stuck on that wasn’t designed to take human weight and could easily be torn off. He kind of hastily replied “yeah I thought of that and tried to balance my weight across all my limbs in case something came off...”. Yeah, ok.

Yeah I get that, but what about other stuff he does? In one of the videos he scales an apartment building (looked to be 6 or 7 storeys) free solo. He hadn’t prepared for it. Afterwards somebody pointed out that he’d actually just climbed up an ornamental brick surface - they weren’t real bricks, just a surface stuck on that wasn’t designed to take human weight and could easily be torn off. He kind of hastily replied “yeah I thought of that and tried to balance my weight across all my limbs in case something came off...”. Yeah, ok.

He's a risk taker, who lives on the edge....That's what he does to feel alive.

Good on him I reckon.....We're all gonna die anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back