Past Alex Johnson - thank you for all your service, delisted 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
76ers
I think it the right decision for him and the club. So proud of him and all that he achieved and brought to the club. Wish him all the best in everything he does.

However he's clearly a driven and stubborn individual which though desirable attributes they cut both ways in footy. Another year lost to rehab, another preseason not at full tilt from the get go, another season to build form and fitness to get a game somewhere and show what he's got to get picked up by an AFL club @ 28 going on 29 with ACL history on both knees. It is what it is, the club just couldn't hold a spot any longer, and if i had to be slightly cruel, they could no longer enable him.

Absolute legend of the club and he achieved what thousands of league players dreamed of.

Last edited:

LukeParkerno1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I understand why the club came to the decision they did, but hearing him talk today about trying to get back and play again, man it makes me wish he got just one more crack at the swans.
We offered him a role- he rejected it.

We can’t have our senior list 1 man down going into 2019

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
I think we've stuck by him more than anyone in any sporting competition in the world would.
I also believe that should he recover, as he suggested Goldsack did, then another team will take him for 2019 if that's the case. If not and he plays well in a lesser competition, then he puts his hand up again for season 2020. I have no doubt that we would give AJ a rookie spot should his knees have held up through some good football in 2019. We just can't go through that in 2019 knowing he realistically won't play.

RW

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
I think we've stuck by him more than anyone in any sporting competition in the world would.
I also believe that should he recover, as he suggested Goldsack did, then another team will take him for 2019 if that's the case. If not and he plays well in a lesser competition, then he puts his hand up again for season 2020. I have no doubt that we would give AJ a rookie spot should his knees have held up through some good football in 2019. We just can't go through that in 2019 knowing he realistically won't play.
You're probably right, I must admit I did get my hopes up a little after reading the SEN article yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom