Past Alex Johnson - thank you for all your service, delisted 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand why the club came to the decision they did, but hearing him talk today about trying to get back and play again, man it makes me wish he got just one more crack at the swans.

We offered him a role- he rejected it.

We can’t have our senior list 1 man down going into 2019

As discussed in another thread, if no-one else drafts him, and they won't, he is still available if we decide to let him have another crack.

I think we've stuck by him more than anyone in any sporting competition in the world would.
I also believe that should he recover, as he suggested Goldsack did, then another team will take him for 2019 if that's the case. If not and he plays well in a lesser competition, then he puts his hand up again for season 2020. I have no doubt that we would give AJ a rookie spot should his knees have held up through some good football in 2019. We just can't go through that in 2019 knowing he realistically won't play.

I think we've stuck by him more than anyone in any sporting competition in the world would.
I also believe that should he recover, as he suggested Goldsack did, then another team will take him for 2019 if that's the case. If not and he plays well in a lesser competition, then he puts his hand up again for season 2020. I have no doubt that we would give AJ a rookie spot should his knees have held up through some good football in 2019. We just can't go through that in 2019 knowing he realistically won't play.

You're probably right, I must admit I did get my hopes up a little after reading the SEN article yesterday.

You're probably right, I must admit I did get my hopes up a little after reading the SEN article yesterday.

I just hope we don’t resign him on hope alone. We’ve stood by him, we gave him a role in 2019. We can’t do much more as a club.

As discussed in another thread, if no-one else drafts him, and they won't, he is still available if we decide to let him have another crack.

I think the club has made their decision at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like an off field role with potential to pick up a rookie contract in 2020. Not dissimilar to what we offered I guess.

A change of scenery might help his recovery.

Part of me wishes we'd just pick him up again.

Not unless we see a season in the reserves at some level. Too big a risk having a player down most of the year. Wish him all the best though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back