Universal Love Alex Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen your good self, im as excited as anybody, But there is no need to go over the top, as some did yesterday. #norush

Well said, honestly if he plays a few NEAFL games after the mid season break that is a great effort. There is no rush, let him be happy about being finally free from injury.

im sure he wants a game, if he doesnt want to take that option thats his choice, but id fully support and the club if they chose to offer it to him
So you are suggesting a sympathy game? No self respecting footballer would accept that. Personally I would but I have no self respect.

Geezus! He's not Jason McCartney FFS! He's an exceptional footballer who I consider critical to our future sustained success.

I want to see him come back, play his 3, 4, or 5 games in the Reserves, win his spot in the Seniors, and be part of our historical charge to a flag in 2017.

He's not working his way back for a sympathy match. He's working his way back for a career! He's 25 and hasn't had his body bashed for 4 years. He can play for another 7-10 years.

This is the crap im talking about.
The guy hasn't played in four years. No ability to run in that time. His leg muscles would have atrophied- calf and quads. It's those muscles that in support of ligaments hold structures tight to be able to perform. It takes more than one pre season and 4-5 games on to strengthen and rebuild. And that's ignoring aerobic capacity too. Agree with Bedford you simply can't play him until his whole rebuild is genuinely ready and then give him a reserves return.

The guy hasn't played in four years. No ability to run in that time. His leg muscles would have atrophied- calf and quads. It's those muscles that in support of ligaments hold structures tight to be able to perform. It takes more than one pre season and 4-5 games on to strengthen and rebuild. And that's ignoring aerobic capacity too. Agree with Bedford you simply can't play him until his whole rebuild is genuinely ready and then give him a reserves return.

Look this might be controversial, and I'm certainly no medico, but perhaps he's been building up those muscles since 8 September 2016?

Look this might be controversial, and I'm certainly no medico, but perhaps he's been building up those muscles since 8 September 2016?

Not controversial at all. Yes no doubt he has been and is a huge help. Strength is important. I'm not a Medicio either. I did play high level sport for 10 years of a 30 year soccer playing life though. It's not just the strength work that creates all you need. It's the running jumping leaping twisting turning squating balancing etc etc and the weight pressures lateral and otherwise placed when you do that can't be mimicked in a gym. When you have major injuries like this even your gait and stride pattern changes which has knock on effects to unexpected muscle weaknesses elsewhere even hip malalignments flow on to back issues Etcetc. He hasn't been able to do anything for 4 years!!!! That is a huge impediment. What of agility reflexes and speed work??? What of the game changes that have taken place that he is unaccustomed to in style of play????What of the pysche to overcome in favouring the leg??? .... as he most certainly will

Usually with one reconstruction there will be minimal atrophy. But we are talking 4 years time line with nothing!!!!. I'm obviously not aware of when but I'm not the least surprised we haven't seen him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why tweet that idiot with no idea. I did say probably round 6 to 8 of the NEAFL. #norush

In case he knows something you don't. But that's probably unlikely since you're the AJ expert.

Might let him have it on SEN if I can get on.

Well this week will be Round 5 of the NEAFL, and you did say Rounds 6-8 so he maybe he just got a bit excited.

Why tweet that idiot with no idea. I did say probably round 6 to 8 of the NEAFL. #norush
I agree with that bedford. A couple of games in neafl, then possibly rest him for a couple of games. See how he pulls up. I dont think even after that he should be put into the 1st team. He is one man he is not going to save our season, manage him and get a pre season into him next year. He hasnt played for
4 years the game has changed thanks to the constant rule changes!

But we have only played 3 #norush

We had a bye in Round 3, but this weekend will still be round 5. Anyway I agree with not rushing so will leave it at that. I didn't get a reply, so it looks like you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back