Society/Culture Alex Jones / InfoWars lunacy

Remove this Banner Ad

so, would you say the radio show is a result of his sincere ideological bent, or just another source of revenue? he shows virtually no discrimination in the stuff he propogates, so i would suspect the latter.
It's interesting, I think it started out as 90% entertainment, 10% personal ideology (i.e. when he started going on about Bush and police brutality, gun control etc.). Here he is talking more cogently about himself.

Right on what? Alex Jones being a wingnut? *gentle applause*

right on most things obviously but in this instance i was referring to my consistent Juggernaut of Righteousness in my war against popular pseudoscientific and conspiracy theory nonsenses. yeah i realise that's a low bar, im pretty lazy.

it's funny though that nicky liked your post; she got all bent out of shape when i showed her that dr mercola was a serious nutter :D yes nicky, jones and mercola are the same when viewed by normal people.

Thread, and Jones, jumped the shark when it went full American Wrestling bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex and Joe make up today on the Joe Rogan Podcast-
These guys. They always whinge afterwards that they are blamed and their life has been affected by their OWN ******* IRRESPONSIBLE WORDS AND ACTIONS.

He makes millions off of loonies and then is SURPRISED that loonies latch onto him.

"I was psychotic, people lied to me!"

"I've been silenced now I can't defend myself!" (He says during a huge monologue on Joe Rogan's hugely successful podcast.)

Crocodile tears. Screw him.

Should give the money to the victims of his bullshit.

See also this:

https://www.abc.net.au/radionationa...-the-new-frontier-in-online-trolling/10832652

Last August, a far-right activist posted his phone number on social media. Osman was inundated with racist text messages and phone calls that continue to this day.

In this episode, which is a co-production with ABC Life, Osman confronts the man responsible. And with the help of reporter Alex Mann, he investigates why law enforcement is seemingly powerless to protect victims.

When they finally talk to this Avi guy, he is like "Oh man I didn't realise, I've had it happen to me now, sorry about that".

Choke on it.

Last edited:
I never understood the Alex Jones fanbois, one moment they'll be telling you he has an important message to share and with the next breath they'll say he's not to be taken seriously.
If partly directed at me, I'm not a fanboi of his. I think his true fans do take his message seriously, but believe that he exaggerates some of his meltdowns etc for entertainment and more clicks.

He IS entertaining. I honestly can't tell which parts he's being genuine and which parts he's playing a character (if any). Would be curious to hear the whole thing, but it's nearly 5 hours long. F that.

I'm 2 hours in because I've got * all going on at the moment, and it's ******* hilarious. He's certifiable no doubt, but you're right - definitely entertaining.

In amongst all the bullshit he does drop some pretty mind blowing s**t, like the US deliberately infecting campaigners with STDs in Guatemala without them knowing, for example.

Favourite part so far:

Jones: I've always been socially r*tarded
Rogan: I don't think you can say that any more
Jones: Exactly

The theme running through it all is:
* Get told some weird crap.
* Become convinced it is true
* Spread it without considering the consequences because spreading the “truth” outweighs everything.
* Realise you went off half-cocked and can’t handle the consequences.
* Beg forgiveness.
* Get told some weird crap.
* Become convinced THIS TIME its true.

He’s a little shitgoblin preying on the mentally disturbed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back