M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I'm 2 hours in because I've got **** all going on at the moment, and it's ******* hilarious. He's certifiable no doubt, but you're right - definitely entertaining.

In amongst all the bullshit he does drop some pretty mind blowing s**t, like the US deliberately infecting campaigners with STDs in Guatemala without them knowing, for example.

Favourite part so far:

Jones: I've always been socially r*tarded
Rogan: I don't think you can say that any more
Jones: Exactly
Yer I listened to the whole thing and he does come up with some remarkable factual horrid stuff that governments all over the world have done. He mentioned a few things that Rogan said no s**t and his sidekick googled it and it turned out to be true.

IMO just because someone says a few (or more than a few) things that turn out to be utter tripe doesn't mean everything they put forward is bullshit, take each claim on it's merits.

Note- I'm not a Jones Fanboy, I used to listen to him semi regularly 12-15 years ago (along with David Icke). I haven't looked at either of them for over a decade now. Only listened to this one because I'm a fanboy of Rogan, love the variety of guests he gets on his podcasts.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One thing I find fascinating about Jones is that he's always been quick to shut down anti-semitism. Aside from the obvious "he knows they're actually able to get him" jokes people make I always respected him for that, and prior to the Sandy Hook thing where he crossed a line I thought he was a decent bloke under several layers of crazy.

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you are capable of opening your mind up to question your beliefs then Alex Jones is a great source of information.
If you like to live in a bubble, then stay clear of him.
I've been a fan for many many years. But then I was attracted to Alex Jones already with a strong history of reading and seeking alternate news including conspiracy theories.

I'm pretty sure that most people would be smarter, wiser, more educated after watching that JRE Alex Jones video. That doesn't mean that you have to believe everything in it, but if you are unable to gather anything from it, then I suggest that there is a bigger problem with your ability to accept information you dislike than the content of the information provided.

Alex Jones has been recently (last couple of years) targeted simply because he helped Trump get elected. It is just another political witch hunt. Any of the anti-trumpers and anti-alex jones'ers who pretend differently are just those who like to live in their bubbles. The Sandy Hook shooting happened in 2012 ... so why has Alex Jones only recently been attacked for his old comments and beliefs on this? As he says, they went after him for his support of Trump, so they tried to find an area that they could dress him up to look bad. It just amazes me how people can applaud censorship (like political witch hunts) when it suits their beliefs.

If you are capable of opening your mind up to question your beliefs then Alex Jones is a great source of information.
If you like to live in a bubble, then stay clear of him.
I've been a fan for many many years. But then I was attracted to Alex Jones already with a strong history of reading and seeking alternate news including conspiracy theories.

I'm pretty sure that most people would be smarter, wiser, more educated after watching that JRE Alex Jones video.
Yes, the takeaway is that Jones is a whiney nutter and Rogan is a whiney nutter enabler.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I think Joe Rogan has an absolutely fantastic podcast, he has a massive variety of guests on and is a great interviewer IMO, he lets his guests speak and realizes it's not all about him. Some of his guests- Elon Musk, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Lance Armstrong, Bill Burr, Andy Stumpf, Brian Cox, Mike Tyson, Sir Roger Penrose, Jordan Peterson, Dom Agostino.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Joe Rogan gets people with poor ethics on his show because they know he isn't going to go Ronan Farrow on them.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Joe Rogan gets people with poor ethics on his show because they know he isn't going to go Ronan Farrow on them.
Lol idk. Maybe he just likes to show opinions from all sides of the spectrum, instead of being a censorship-obsessed fascist. Lol idk.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
He IS entertaining. I honestly can't tell which parts he's being genuine and which parts he's playing a character (if any). Would be curious to hear the whole thing, but it's nearly 5 hours long. F that.

I'd never listened to ANYTHING to do with Alex Jones before...

That podcast is one of the funniest ******* things I've ever seen or heard; it was absolutely crazy!

Jones: I've always been socially r*tarded
Rogan: I don't think you can say that any more
Jones: Exactly

Was on the tram - was pissing myself.
Wanting to get choked out.
His story about getting head slammed into concrete!!

******* unbelievably funny.

And then some of the s**t he said was actually true; jesus christ.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood

That podcast is one of the funniest ******* things I've ever seen or heard; it was absolutely crazy!
From what i've been told, a lot of his claims are factually correct? Like, he craps on about 5th dimensional aliens, but then the conspiracies mentioned after are proven fact? Like the STD experiments, etc.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From what i've been told, a lot of his claims are factually correct? Like, he craps on about 5th dimensional aliens, but then the conspiracies mentioned after are proven fact? Like the STD experiments, etc.
He incorporates a lot of true facts, but then draws pretty wild conclusions (i.e., Edward VIII was associated with the Nazi's, therefore NASA is a German shadow government). He also gets a lot of credit for infiltrating Bohemian Grove despite the fact G. William Domhoff wrote a book covering it (including Cremaiton of Care iirc) in the early 1970's.

He also tends to incorporate a lot of Science Fiction plots into his rants, like in that podcast when he starts talking about the elites stopping their hearts so they can talk to aliens reminded me a lot of Flatliners.

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

Was on the tram - was pissing myself.
Wanting to get choked out.
His story about getting head slammed into concrete!!

******* unbelievably funny.

And then some of the s**t he said was actually true; jesus christ.

Don't forget the super hot chick in high school that would only * him if he let her put make up on him. And then choked him out.

I think Joe Rogan has an absolutely fantastic podcast, he has a massive variety of guests on and is a great interviewer IMO, he lets his guests speak and realizes it's not all about him. Some of his guests- Elon Musk, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Lance Armstrong, Bill Burr, Andy Stumpf, Brian Cox, Mike Tyson, Sir Roger Penrose, Jordan Peterson, Dom Agostino.

Agreed. It's absolute lunacy that having a right-of-centre guest on your show is generally considered career suicide.

A perfect example was the recent Joe Rogan podcast where he invited Twitter creator Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde (also from Twitter), alongside Tim Pool. I didn't know Tim Pool before this, but he absolutely humiliated them and truly revealed what a sham their policy system is.

If you don't allow people with opposing views to talk, you never get these sorts of conversations. You get put in a bubble.

He incorporates a lot of true facts, but then draws pretty wild conclusions (i.e., Edward VIII was associated with the Nazi's, therefore NASA is a German shadow government). He also gets a lot of credit for infiltrating Bohemian Grove despite the fact G. William Domhoff wrote a book covering it (including Cremaiton of Care iirc) in the early 1970's.

He also tends to incorporate a lot of Science Fiction plots into his rants, like in that podcast when he starts talking about the elites stopping their hearts so they can talk to aliens reminded me a lot of Flatliners.

That's the schtick for these types.

He is spinning wild tales and blurting out rumours to make money off of schizophrenics and other unbalanced people.

Sprinkle in some facts like "pizza exists and people buy it!". Scream it out, wave your arms around, and all of a sudden you've got a subterranean pederast conspiracy.

He still seems to be trying to get out of responsibility for the Sandy Hook mess. Any real journalist would look at the tips they get, investigate them, get facts and evidence, THEN publish. If it turns out to be nothing they can publish that. But generally they don't go either way without some sort of investigation.

He picks out the stuff he thinks will keep people opening their wallets and bellows it at the top of his lungs without any consideration for the effects.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Agreed. It's absolute lunacy that having a right-of-centre guest on your show is generally considered career suicide.

A perfect example was the recent Joe Rogan podcast where he invited Twitter creator Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde (also from Twitter), alongside Tim Pool. I didn't know Tim Pool before this, but he absolutely humiliated them and truly revealed what a sham their policy system is.

If you don't allow people with opposing views to talk, you never get these sorts of conversations. You get put in a bubble.
Yep, I listened to that one, I do most of his, very rare I'll tune in and not listen to the whole podcast, very informative and Rogan himself has a broad range of knowledge and great ability to recall information.

I think some like to criticize him because it's the "in" thing to do.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood

Agreed, I thought Tim Pool embarrassed them thoroughly. I can understand Dorsey being awkward, as he is a tech entrepreneur and not a professional "speaker". But Gadde also spoke very poorly, and seemed completely unprepared for what were obvious questions. Surely a company as vast as Twitter could do better.

Who has committed career suicide by having a right of centre guest on their show?

How was this an example of career suicide?

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who has committed career suicide by having a right of centre guest on their show?

How was this an example of career suicide?
Tony Jones and Barrie Cassidy are committing suicide 40 weeks a year?
You gents srs? Look up the hate campaigns visited upon Rogan every time he allows a right wing speaker on his show. Entire nations, Australia included, ban these people. But Rogan gives them a "platform".

Ironically, it was the (previous) darling of the left Elon Musk who caused the most outrage recently.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...perience-is-a-safe-space-to-launder-bad-ideas

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure where else to put this, but found Dick Gregory's thoughts on organ harvesting surprisingly similar to Jones, albeit from a different realm of the conspiracy-verse politically. Also similar in that there is a kernel of truth (Chinese organ harvesting) with a wild conclusion drawn (drive-by shooting in the U.S. are connected).:

Back