Traded Alex Keath [traded with a future 3rd to Western Bulldogs for #45 and future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Going nowhere.

2020 backline group will be pretty formidable if you ask me,

Laird / Talia / Brown
Smith / Keath / Doedee

I think I'll be answering my own question, but Crows supporters, when Doedee comes back next year, is Hartigan the one to drop out?

Only asking as Keath and Doedee seem to play the same '3rd tall, intercept marking' role, rather than a traditional key-defensive position.

Can they both play in the same backline? Or will you then be too tall?

Suggestion that the Crows paid him before he made footy his priority, under the counter payment? under the counter agreement?

Nothing was under the table to my knowledge. He was on the category B list whilst still playing Cricket.

Side note, I wonder how much he regrets playing Cricket, such a good footballer. Then again who knows how he would have developed on the Gold Coast.

I think I'll be answering my own question, but Crows supporters, when Doedee comes back next year, is Hartigan the one to drop out?

Only asking as Keath and Doedee seem to play the same '3rd tall, intercept marking' role, rather than a traditional key-defensive position.

Doedee playes smaller so talia and keath are the 2 key backs with doedee the intercept. Hartigan will be 1st drop so to speak for a key defensive post shpuld talia or keath be injured or unavailable

The only worry for the Crows is that his next contract will be his only big pay day. Has been on minimum until now and has maybe 4 years to get out with some decent savings.
Thats why in my eyes he, along with Greenwood, are susceptible to leaving for a bigger pay check.
Plus the Crows suck at player retention.

The only worry for the Crows is that his next contract will be his only big pay day. Has been on minimum until now and has maybe 4 years to get out with some decent savings.
Thats why in my eyes he, along with Greenwood, are susceptible to leaving for a bigger pay check.

Any idea who manages them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suggestion that the Crows paid him before he made footy his priority, under the counter payment? under the counter agreement?
No, was above board & on the books.

We did pay him extra & allowed him to train for cricket too.

Going nowhere.

2020 backline group will be pretty formidable if you ask me,

Laird / Talia / Brown
Smith / Keath / Doedee
+ Milera as it's a back 7 including the bench.

Was my preseason back 7... until we got injuries.

Hartigan probably drops out as Keath & Doedee flexible to play both roles... but may also look to push either further up the ground. Doedee in the midfield or Keath up forward/swingman.

We have a few older players coming out of contract who we would likely delist rather than losing Keath or Greenwood.

Pretty sure he was legitimately on our rookie list whilst still having last crack at his cricket career. He and Greenwood were on much bigger money than the ordinary rookie wage but the extra payments were in the cap.

Thats not so much the issue. We have our payment matrix that we dont deviate from. The crazy money teams like North, GC etc can throw around is ridiculous, and we dont have a heap of cap left.
Our payments methodology has changed a little under Reid.

We have plenty of cap space to pay both good money... but the issue is we don't pay crazy money... which we have lost 2 players too over the last 2 years.

Thats not so much the issue. We have our payment matrix that we dont deviate from. The crazy money teams like North, GC etc can throw around is ridiculous, and we dont have a heap of cap left.
I wish we didn’t have crazy money to throw around. Having to keep front ending contracts to meet the min cap after missing the big fish is only acceptable for like 2-3 years. Getting annoying now

I often wonder how good a footballer Mitch Marsh could have been. Love him or hate him, he'd be a lot poorer ($s) if he went down the AFL route.
Money aside I think he's done 'well enough' in cricket to justify it. Member of a winning world cup squad (which definitely has more clout than being on a premiership list if you don't play in a final), five wickets in the opening game, and a few pretty memorable Ashes moments.

Money aside I think he's done 'well enough' in cricket to justify it. Member of a winning world cup squad (which definitely has more clout than being on a premiership list if you don't play in a final), five wickets in the opening game, and a few pretty memorable Ashes moments.

& the years of a cricket career exceed footy. Its got a way to go for Mitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back