Toast Alex Keath

Remove this Banner Ad

He was drafted to Gold Coast as a 17-year-old pre-selection, same as Charlie Dixon
They are paying a fortune in salary (and picks) for a player that was replaced by 2nd year rookie, then a guy out of the game for 6 years.

If they had any ability to identify or develop players they could have very easily spared the expense.

He was drafted to Gold Coast as a 17-year-old pre-selection, same as Charlie Dixon
Was just mentioned on Talking Footy that he was signed as a preselection regardless of him telling them he was only interested in a cricket career at the time. I think the point I was responding to, is that yes, he was not the average Cat B rookie and was probably regarded more highly than Lever

They are paying a fortune in salary (and picks) for a player that was replaced by 2nd year rookie, then a guy out of the game for 6 years.

If they had any ability to identify or develop players they could have very easily spared the expense.
Wasn't Doedee a pick 15?

Kelly is playing on mostly small forwards, he will likely be replaced by Brown. I don't think Doedee will be playing on small forwards.
Doedee is more athletic, more coordinated, just as fierce a competitor, better mark, better below his knees, better when the ball hits the ground and a much smarter defender. He does not lose 1 on 1 contests. Just because he hasn't played on smalls, doesn't mean he'd do a worse job than Kelly at it.

In saying that I'm not saying that's the position be plays. I am however advocating that Kelly makes way. You can never have too much class in a side. Im also a massive fan of multidimensional defences whereby the defenders are smart and flexible enough to move as a unit and cover depending on the situation. So everyone should be able to defend, intercept and attack. I would have Talia, Keath, Doedee, Brown, Laird and Milera/Smith.

What that back six lacks is a Luke Hodge type back there, someone who will command that group with extremely high football IQ, high physicality, can be relied upon in desperate defensive situations and can turn defence into immediate attack.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Keath next year when Doedee is back, they both play very well as the 3rd tall, neither of them very good at playing 1 on 1 against a key forward in the Talia/Hartigan roles.
We are far better off with Keath back and the three tall's in defence. I was critical when Doedee was back that we were too short. Doedee is a very good player, but not as the third tall. I can see him playing on a half back flank, a wing or elsewhere with Keath remaining where he is.

Keath got charged with making contact with an umpire on the weekend. Can accept a fine.

I can't even remember it?
Just saw this on the Crows website. It happened to the edge of the screen and off the play so no wonder it slipped under most of our radars. For him to be able to accept a fine I would think that it must have been deemed to be largely accidental.

Lol. That's a bit s**t.

How can we put a positive spin on it? HE WAS SO FOCUSED ON THE CONTEST. Or maybe he's colorblind, didn't see the yellow and thought it was a team mate.

I'd offer to pay his fine if he knocked that **** McInerney over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading an article that Phil Walsh had aa lot to do with Keath coming to the club. He was a great judge of talent Phil.

Absolute gun! The courage shown for that spoil in the last quarter!
When he first got traded to us I asked my mate who’s played with him @ the stars. Said he was the ultimate professional athlete.
Has showed this, injuries ****ed him @ the start when he came here, maybe his body needed adjustment to the rigours of AFL fitness.

But goddamn,

This guy is AS GOOD as Rance, this guy could be a premier key defender. Reminds me of that key defender from Geelong who came into the league as a mature player and absolutely dominated (2007ish) I forgot his name but he had to retire due to an ankle injury. He was AA iirc.

Wait until we get 50 games into him, holy s**t.

This guy is AS GOOD as Rance, this guy could be a premier key defender. Reminds me of that key defender from Geelong who came into the league as a mature player and absolutely dominated (2007ish) I forgot his name but he had to retire due to an ankle injury. He was AA iirc.

Wait until we get 50 games into him, holy ****.

Matthew Egan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Egan

Can we please re-sign this guy now?

Showdown medallist, well on track for All-Australian honours and Gary Lyon salivating all over him.

Lock him away. 4 year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back