Recommitted Alex Neal-Bullen [re-signed until 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

lol take him please. Plodder

We need outside players and whenever he plays the commentators talk up his running ability.

Average about 18 touches and a goal from memory. Off a Hff doesn’t seem too bad. What does he do poorly?
Kicking? Decision making?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need outside players and whenever he plays the commentators talk up his running ability.

Average about 18 touches and a goal from memory. Off a Hff doesn’t seem too bad. What does he do poorly?
Kicking? Decision making?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
From memory he was recruited as an inside mid. He can’t break into that role and has been used as a half forward. Works hard and his main role in the side in recent years has been pressuring opposition. This year he has gone downhill. His goals have dropped significantly his tackles and score involvements also down.
He could certainly find form again and I assume we’ll recontract him. Not having a stable forward line around him probably hasn’t helped this year.

Great runner, good pressure player, average to below average kick, horrible below his knees for a short player. As mentioned, originally an inside player forced to play high half forward and was good in 2018, but our terrible forward structure has really hurt him (along with the rest of the team) this year.

Don't think his value would be much, maybe a 3rd rounder at best. Whilst I'm certainly not a big fan, I think his work rate is more important to Melbourne's side than some fans give him credit for. Hopefully in the off season Melbourne can address that and he becomes surplus to needs and if nothing else is good depth, but as we sit right now, there isn't a single player in our team who would get near him for work ethic alone, and for that reason I think he is actually more valuable to us than any trade would net us.

Picked the wrong time to have an off year. Looked really promising last year but has been beyond crap this year. Can't see him being worth much as things stand.
Agree Melbourne won’t get much for him. Better off keeping him as depth and Hopi g he gets back to his 2018 form.

Agree Melbourne won’t get much for him. Better off keeping him as depth and Hopi g he gets back to his 2018 form.
GC future 3rd if he don't want to be depth and earn more money.

GC future 3rd if he don't want to be depth and earn more money.
Obviously if Alex believes he won’t be in Melbournes best 22 and wants to find opportunities elsewhere we’d trade him.
Would take that if he wants to go GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back