Alex Neal-Bullen

Remove this Banner Ad

1-2 Weeks is about right. The incident had a fair bit of momentum and the player was out of balance or changing direction which
can make the incident look worse than it actually is.

Slammed a defenceless bloke's head into the ground where that kind of tackle wasn't even necessary.

He knew what he was doing when he grabbed a wrist and did a slinging motion.

If he had a shred of humanity he would have sat out the rest of the match as Will had to. Unfortunately, he wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

He shouldn't play again this year.
‘Humanity’

He isn’t Idi Amin

It's not that bad, in fact, it might have happened because he lost balance. Either way, the real story here is a young player in a big tackle, stays down and looks hurt and none of his teammates did a thing about it in the footage I saw.

Geez the OP is up and about. How many times did Tex get suspended for tackles 10 times worse than this before he figured it out? It looked like the he dragged him down with him as he was falling and not the sort of second action that makes it a dirty tackle. Looks like the tribunal are going to stich him up though. I'd be filthy.

It's not that bad, in fact, it might have happened because he lost balance. Either way, the real story here is a young player in a big tackle, stays down and looks hurt and none of his teammates did a thing about it in the footage I saw.

Personally I don't think even they thought there was much in the tackle. I went back and had a look at the tackle 10+ times and I still can't see much wrong with it. And for the record I am not one of those 'bring back the biff' morons and totally supported the initial rule. The bump at your own risk rule is there because you always have a choice of tackling. The sling tackle rule was brought in to stop situations where an effective tackle had been made and the contest had been killed, only for the tackler to then slam someone into the ground to 'make them earn it'. They have gone so far with this rule now. The Melbourne player has basically fallen over and had he not yanked on the Crows player's jumper, it would have been a totally ineffective tackle. The problem is by yanking on his jumper he has got a huge lever and slammed him into the ground. The only thing you could say is he could pulled him straight back rather than over his shoulder, but even then, he is falling over, he is not in control of his own body. The AFL have no credibility on this stuff. You can do something like Liam Ryan in the Grand final a couple of years ago and put a shoulder through someone's ribs quite maliciously when they are completely exposed and the commentators will call it tough. You try and lay a tackle that the player is trying to evade, fall over, and bring him to ground, and if he hits his head you get a few weeks. The AFL just have no understanding of their own game.

Slammed a defenceless bloke's head into the ground where that kind of tackle wasn't even necessary.

If he had a shred of humanity he would have sat out the rest of the match as Will had to. Unfortunately, he wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

how many weeks for the coward?
Calm down, its the textbook dangerous tackle that we can stamp out, so he will get 2-3.

At the end of the day its a poorly executed tackle, not a kick to the nuts. You calling to rule him out for the season is stupidly dramatic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shred of humanity 🤣

4 feels harsh. 2 for whatever reason feels right. Is there any chance someone better with tech and the understanding of the rule able to explain/show what he should have done differently during the tackle to keep it legal? It's been a while since I played, though once he grabbed his arm to pin him (which is a taught tactic for all teams) I am not sure what he should have done differently?

Bush league strikes again. Happy to make "examples" of no name players. (No disrespect intended)

Happened to Setterfield for us got two weeks vs Goldcoast for a non sling tackle...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back