Toast Alex Pearce the defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game by Alex and received justifiable commendation from the TV commentators on several occasions. Ricciuto was definitely heaping praise on him for sticking that tackle. To suggest otherwise is a total misinterpretation of his comment.

I love his attitude. I hope we keep him!

I think this is his best attribute. Yes he has height, good speed and endurance but his never say die attitude is unbelievable. If you need proof review the point in the game where big Jenkins was coming directly at him and the ball was in between them both - Alex just straight lined the pill and won the contest convincingly despite giving up I would estimate 15kgs to Jenkins. Between this effort and the tackle on the wing, he exemplified everything I want in a freo player.......his talent is also handy!

I think this is his best attribute. Yes he has height, good speed and endurance but his never say die attitude is unbelievable. If you need proof review the point in the game where big Jenkins was coming directly at him and the ball was in between them both - Alex just straight lined the pill and won the contest convincingly despite giving up I would estimate 15kgs to Jenkins. Between this effort and the tackle on the wing, he exemplified everything I want in a freo player.......his talent is also handy!
He and Grey have brought a certain hard edge to proceedings I'm enjoying.

He is just incredible below his knees for a 200cm player. Combine that, his agility and small strides in traffic and the technique he has for keeping his arms clear he could easily play a midfield or wing type role. (Not that we need or want that)
His bodywork will improve as his core strength does but this is offset by his ability to read the flight and time spoils to good effect.
It's a huge comparison but if Dustin fletcher had a brother from another mother his name would be Alex ...
Been saying it for a while - love the kid !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely crock-jawed an absurdly difficult tackle on the wing at one point I remember,for Rucciuto to observe 'It's very easy to break that tackle' WTF??:huh:
What Roo meant was something to the effect of "that is normally an easy kind of tackle to break, but Pearce was just too strong." but in wending its way down from the CPU to his mouth it got a little mangled. Like a large chunk of everything he says.

Absolutely loved Alex's game only two errors that caught my eye.
-Getting caught off balance and subsequently easily outbodied which lead to Lynch walking into an open goal only to shank it to the left.
-The panicked handball to a flat footed Dawson which lead to a goal.

I will be shocked if this kid isn't in the best 22 under 22 by the end of the year. He did so many good things in that game. Jenkins pulled out of the 50/50 loose ball and Alex scooped up the ball and everyone's respect. The leaping tackle, quick hands, the bullet 35m kick up the wing. Loved it all. I sure picked the best buddy :)

Out of interest who would he be competing with for KPD's under 22 years old?

Absolutely loved Alex's game only two errors that caught my eye.
-Getting caught off balance and subsequently easily outbodied which lead to Lynch walking into an open goal only to shank it to the left.
-The panicked handball to a flat footed Dawson which lead to a goal.

I will be shocked if this kid isn't in the best 22 under 22 by the end of the year. He did so many good things in that game. Jenkins pulled out of the 50/50 loose ball and Alex scooped up the ball and everyone's respect. The leaping tackle, quick hands, the bullet 35m kick up the wing. Loved it all. I sure picked the best buddy :)

Out of interest who would he be competing with for KPD's under 22 years old?
Lever? Adams is > 22. Reckon he has it in the bag if he keeps improving.

That tackle.

Someone really needs to give it the .gif treatment...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back