Toast Alex Pearce the defender

Remove this Banner Ad

LeftFootBanana

All Australian
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
1557106514138.png

Imagine what he'll be like when he's played 100 games.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
50 games.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Fantastic milestone given what he's been through.

Will never stop being amazed at how he moves and how good he is below his knees for someone who's six-foot-seven. Just as likely to beat his opponent in a sprint as he is in a contest, even though he's a contested beast.

Field kicking under pressure maybe the only thing he needs to dramatically improve, but I even feel awfully nitpicky saying that.

LeftFootBanana

All Australian
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I noticed at training recently that Alex has a bit of a two handed ball drop but he hit a 40m kick into the corridor in the last quarter that was an absolute peach. Mostly he sticks within his limitations and with Wilson, Ryan and Cerra around him that's all he needs to do.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Congrats to APierce on 50 games this weekend! I reckon he'll add another high profile scalp, TLynch, to his trophy case. If he keep his form up over the next 4 games against some of the higher profile Vic teams, he'll be an All Australian lock.

Go AP!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Congrats to APierce on 50 games this weekend! I reckon he'll add another high profile scalp, TLynch, to his trophy case. If he keep his form up over the next 4 games against some of the higher profile Vic teams, he'll be an All Australian lock.

Go AP!

AA tends to be massively biased to the last 12 weeks of the year, so lets hope he keeps up the form!

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2019/05/09/pearce

Good to see moose getting some recognition this year. Surely his increased media profile is increasing the odds of his first AA jumper

To be fair, a lot of us on here were calling for him to be an AA at this time last year as well before a drop of due to some lingering injuries.

Fingers crossed for good health over the next 5 months and he would almost be a lock.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Happy the dude is playing game 50 on the weekend. There may be bias in my opinion but I reckon he's the best in for defender in the comp right now. The guy puts in effort like no other and is so elite in his skill and decision making. Great member of the team and hopefully one of the big stars of years to come.

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
He won't win AA this year. That's not how the AFL operates for outer Vic teams. But never fe, he will be a dual All Australian before the end of his career. He just has the belief that he can be the best, which is a contagious ideology. Fyfe and him went for a post season trip one year, if they can convert more to the level of self belief they have (it seems Langdon and Ryan have already bought in), it will do wonders for the group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back