Toast Alex Pearce

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chris Bond is a Wynyard boy just down the road from APs hometown of Ulverstone - surely he can put a deal together to keep him a Docker.

As I said previously I was unsure as to whether Pearce would be good as a KPF I tale that back. I only saw him play some limited time at Peel in that position. He has proven to be capable of both ends of the ground. What a find from Bond and co

Kenyan

All Australian
Jul 5, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As for AP in general, I'm just wrapped with how he's coming on.

Forgetting physical attributes, his aptitude in all facets at the top level is incredible. He plays with such confidence and has a lighting fast mind. His skills for a big guy are certainly solid enough, only slight question mark is as a fwd he doesn't have the most penetrating kick at goal I've seen. But it's the way he carries himself on the field in general - for such an inexperienced player, that's what impresses me so much.
Yep Papa, he has 'footy smarts' something that is difficult to teach. The fact that he has been able to go forward and do really well with limited preparation is testimony to that - the ability to rotate from forward to back during a game as a KPP in his first 10 games is pretty special also.

Kenyan

All Australian
Jul 5, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As I said previously I was unsure as to whether Pearce would be good as a KPF I tale that back. I only saw him play some limited time at Peel in that position. He has proven to be capable of both ends of the ground. What a find from Bond and co
Limited? He played 2 quarters against Swan Districts when the ball hardly got past the half forward line.
Watch the video of him playing KPF at senior level for Devonport when he was 17.

sij1981

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2008
sPACE
AFL Club
Fremantle
Actually, no thanks. A. Pearce with Hogan would be even better. I'd trade 2 players with a 2nd round draft pick for Hogan. Jesse is already getting the best defenders and yesterday pretty much owned Scott Thompson, an AA defender..

Imagine what he will become in next few years. I somehow don't see him moving. Unless Bondy does something like what we did for RTB. A shifty......maybe thats why Dangerfield is quiet.

willsy4

Debutant
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Let's not get too carried away here. he's played a dozen games because better players have been injured and he's kicked two goals in two games he's played forward. at his best, he looks clumsy and turns over two-thirds of his possessions; at his worst, he makes Taberner look talented.

PantaloonRazorblade

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Let's not get too carried away here. he's played a dozen games because better players have been injured and he's kicked two goals in two games he's played forward. at his best, he looks clumsy and turns over two-thirds of his possessions; at his worst, he makes Taberner look talented.
Lolwut? You farkin on the crack again farkin?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I might be mistaken did Alex make the distance from 50?

Pretty sure it was only a point but...

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle

Not sure who you've been watching.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Limited? He played 2 quarters against Swan Districts when the ball hardly got past the half forward line.
Watch the video of him playing KPF at senior level for Devonport when he was 17.

I was referring to the Peel v Swans game that I was at all his footy down in Tassie. I can only comment on what I've seen.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle

Come on buddy 15 posts in... you can do better than that :)

rodney hoo

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
So I can breathe a sigh of relief that he can in fact kick further than 40m

Yep that pass for a goal in the first or second quarter (can't remember to who or when) was beautiful as well, superb kick, f..king Beraton talked over the top of it with some bs.

If I remember correctly, it was to Sandi.
That was it. Moose took the mark and spun around while Sandi waves his arms around free, moving inside fifty. Then plucked it from above his head and slammed that 125kg onto the surface/anyone in the way.

Alex Pearce has been taking marks at half back coming out of defense and at half forward going into attack. Exactly where we have been falling over.

Don't we look fast when that mark gets taken..

rodney hoo

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
That was it. Moose took the mark and spun around while Sandi waves his arms around free, moving inside fifty. Then plucked it from above his head and slammed that 125kg onto the surface/anyone in the way.

Alex Pearce has been taking marks at half back coming out of defense and at half forward going into attack. Exactly where we have been falling over.

Don't we look fast when that mark gets taken..

So moose is the nickname for Alex ?.

PantaloonRazorblade

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
So moose is the nickname for Alex ?.

Interesting story how he got the name.
Apparently young Alex was wandering around in the forest down near Laurel Creek on a frosty winter morning. He was in season and attempting to rut with a local doe, so he had, as could be expected, disrobed. Suddenly, out of nowhere a ute pulls up and out jump three burley farmers. The doe takes to her heels and is gone in a flash, while young Alex was caught short out in the open. Thinking quickly, he picked up a couple of branches and held them to his head and began impersonating an elk. The farmers were fooled!

However, these farmers were down from Cape Grim for the day and in the mood for some moose-flesh of their own. They began stamping their feet and displaying their dewlaps in a sexually aggressive manner while advancing, leering like Eagles fans with their eyes on a Whopper. Using his ability to swing forward and back, young Alex overcame two of his opponents before being tackled to the ground by the third. Not wanting to be pinged for holding the ball, our plucky young buck wriggled like a freshly-spawned salmon and made good his escape.

The following week, Alex was at the Furners Hotel back in town and overheard one of the farmers recounting the story. He briefly considered interjecting and clearing up the confusion, but given the circumstances he decided to remain anonymoose.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
:confused::confused::confused: wut?

Back