Universal Love Alex Rance!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

lol,,,should be skipper in my books. Best RFC player we have seen in a long while
Yeah tend to agree, he and Jack seem to be more on the ground follow me type leaders than Cotch from my view. Maybe Cotch is inspirational within the four walls. He is silk on the field when he is allowed to play his game but gets tagged and has to expend all his energy in competing to get near the pill which is sad.

I understood we had to convince Rance to stay rather than doing his sabbatical or whatever he wanted to do, must be thinking now if that was the right choice or not.

I don't know how this club can allow Rance to be the only one who puts in the sort of effort he does.
The only one IMO that gives all every week and literally puts himself on the line during a game.
Riewoldt is second but not exactly close to Rance.

I used to hate him having the ball in his hands with his disposal by foot being really poor. I can't believe how far he's come and how much effort he puts in to be the best he can. If he's not captain of the club real soon there's something wrong.
Champion in my eyes,

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

897202e9c68d500f3be613f8d44501b6.png

Yeah tend to agree, he and Jack seem to be more on the ground follow me type leaders than Cotch from my view. Maybe Cotch is inspirational within the four walls. He is silk on the field when he is allowed to play his game but gets tagged and has to expend all his energy in competing to get near the pill which is sad.

I understood we had to convince Rance to stay rather than doing his sabbatical or whatever he wanted to do, must be thinking now if that was the right choice or not.

Problem is you can never debate this subject without upsetting plenty of the Tiger faithful.
But simple fact is Cotchin is not a great, or even good captain ... and that's fine.
Rance or Riewoldt should be our leadership.
And it's nothing to do with Cotchin having a few quiet finals and occasionally being tagged out of the contest, he's just not a great leader or motivator.
As I say, that's fine - Gary Ablett Jr is arguably the best player to have played te game, but like Coitch, he ain't a great leader or captain either - if anything he's a poorer captain.
But most Richmond people take debate about Cotchin's captaincy as a direct attack on his playing ability. It's not.
Played footy at various senior levels for 14 years and played alongside some great players. Not all of them were captaincy material, while not every captain I played under was the best player (including the one year I was fortunate enough to be skipper, leading better players than I).
I think Cotchin's elevation to the top job was much like a lot of our decision making - opportunistic.
Look at the timing - straight after finishing second in the Brownlow. It was a good news story that our spin department love (just as they though the spin of re-signing Hardwick in the season before kick-of would generate positivity in the media and among the faithful who rarely question the club and its direction).
But Cotchin should be left alone to play football and I reckon lifting the burden on him would see him play better football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke gives his all every single match. I'd be furious if I gave as much hard work as he does only to see the ball fly in so easily, so often.

Not the best effort.

Looks silky and still looks pretty good in any conditions though

Probably just needs to neaten up some rough patches around the back and down the sides.

8/10 hairstyle at best.

Lmfao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back