Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Is this the Silvagni kid we've been following a bit on this forum? I thought he was 16 or 17 or something? If it isn't that one, who is he? Is he any good, how is he related to SOS, can we father/son him?

From memory I think he is the son of Serge's cousin

Correct and played at Casey this year.

http://www.afana.com/drupal5/news/2006/07/16/x_men_want_afl_pledge-139

CARLTON
While it might be a few years before the sons of Steve Silvagni and Greg Williams are eligible to pull on the navy blue, there is another Silvagni catching the eye at VFL Level and could be turning out for the Blues as soon as next season. Alex Silvagni, 18, the son of Serge Silvagni's first cousin Eric, is making a name for himself in the Casey Scorpions back line and will be available in this year's national draft. Serge Silvagni is the father of former ace defender Steve Silvagni, which makes Alex & Steve second cousins.
Alex played just his 4th senior game last week against Carlton's VFL affiliate Northern Bullants and was given the task of minding former Kangaroo/Blue Digby Morrell who has become a very dangerous forward for the Bullants.
Silvagni began the match well, but the experienced Morrell took control of the contest in the second half and finished with four goals. Young Alex said he enjoyed the experience despite Morrell running him ragged.
Casey football manager Lachlan Buszard believes that Silvagni has all the right ingredients for success, saying Silvagni is a good reader of the play, throws himself into contests, and has excellent second, third, and even fourth efforts. Other attributes, according to Buszard are his spoiling ability, his size, and pace over the first 10-15 meters.
Unfortunately, his efforts were not enough to stop the Bullants who won by 8 goals with Carlton senior players Ian Prendergast and David Teague putting in solid performances.

Carlton senior players Ian Prendergast and David Teague putting in solid performances.
LOL.:D

Anyone complaining about the "deadwood" on our list ATM needs some serious historical perspective.

How old was that report??

2005/6 I think and it was the only report i could find to sort of assses his talents. He played his 50th game for Casey this year i think and has been overlooked in many drafts and maybe Freo will give him a go this year.

Good luck to him but i think Carlton will pass on him and he is a depth player at best IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back