Recommitted Alex Witherden [re-signed for 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes an ok player, not amazing by any means but fills a role. I cant see him going anywhere, hes played just about every game for us this year and is a decent age to hold onto. I cant see him attracting too much attention to be honest, still not amazing defensively as has been his main issue in the past

Alex looked like he was going to be a very good player in the half a season he played with us in his first season, looked an elite kick but from then for whatever reason those glimpses never materialised into consistent performance. He also has a huge and easily exploited weakness... he is slow.

I'd be surprised if there was much interest in him.

Hes an ok player, not amazing by any means but fills a role. I cant see him going anywhere, hes played just about every game for us this year and is a decent age to hold onto. I cant see him attracting too much attention to be honest, still not amazing defensively as has been his main issue in the past
I think we’d take him for peanuts if he wants to come home

We need his type and more players in his age range

I think we’d take him for peanuts if he wants to come home

We need his type and more players in his age range
If he wants to go home, sure he wouldnt cost a lot. I dont think what he would be worth in a trade would be worth it for the eagles tbh, id like to hold onto him for now. We also need players in his age range, and he is the Hurn replacement for the short-mid term

West Coast Eagles re-sign defender Alex Witherden on one-year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back