Alice in Chains ... Have they put the arguement to bed ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2004
Guantanomo Bay
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
New album out late September . Have given this tune a few listens so as to not go off half cocked ...

i reckon its the equal of anything they have done so far ... and after 14 years could not think of a better comeback in recent times .

FWIW Rolling Stone Mag gave the album 4 1/2 stars and are equally gushing

[YOUTUBE]w98ht7j4i4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Cantrell has the right to go under whatever moniker he wants to IMHO and i think he has earned enough respect for the fans to respect that as well .

Its not like he was out there a year later canvassing new singers "supernova" style , i`ll reiterate ... 14 years .... How long did it take for AD/DC to sign on Johnson ?...;)

I went through a phase about 4 weeks ago were I bought all alice in chain's cd's found them all really good listens. Have not really gotten to the newer stuff yet but I have heard that the new guy tries a little too hard to sound like Layne Staley which kind of ruins some songs. I hear Elton John plays on a song on the album which will be interesting.

Not to sure what to make of Rolling Stone reviews anyway they seem to be too concerned with catering to whatever 'is hot right now' most of the time. I remember reading their 500 greatest albums list and a reasonable amount of albums such as many Led Zeppelin albums and Jane's Addictions 2nd album recieved unfavorable reviews when released but found their ways onto that list.

They remind me too much of Tool.

What the fudge are you smoking? Can I have some?. No need to continue this obsessive hatred of Tool either. We get it, you don't like Tool.

Looking forward to this album none the less.

I don't care about comparisons with previous material, other bands, etc. etc.

I do very much like the new single listening as objectively as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to sure what to make of Rolling Stone reviews anyway they seem to be too concerned with catering to whatever 'is hot right now' most of the time. I remember reading their 500 greatest albums list and a reasonable amount of albums such as many Led Zeppelin albums and Jane's Addictions 2nd album recieved unfavorable reviews when released but found their ways onto that list.

Never given RS reviews much cred myself to be honest ... but i would hardly say that AIC are "hot right now"

Never given RS reviews much cred myself to be honest ... but i would hardly say that AIC are "hot right now"

I wasn't saying that Alice In Chains were in that catagory just that that is what Rolling Stone seem to be intersted in most of the time.

I dunno.Sounds like a very average Tool worship band.

You too Schism? I expected better from you. Maybe I need my ears cleaned out or something, but from my view, they have very little in common.

And Alice in Chains was formed years before Tool ftr.

Anyway both excellent bands in their own right.

What the hell are you smoking?

They sound like Tool!

Well if you think that, then you need to listen to more Tool and probably Alice in Chains.

We are referring to the Tool that is fronted by Maynard James Keenan no?

You too Schism? I expected better from you. Maybe I need my ears cleaned out or something, but from my view, they have very little in common.

And Alice in Chains was formed years before Tool ftr.

Anyway both excellent bands in their own right.

I call it as i hear it

I could be wrong,it's happened before.In 1998 if i recall correctly

Cantrells right to carry on under the AIC banner post the death of Llayne Staley .

Some say the band should have died with him ... i have always maintained it was Jerry`s band ... etc. etc.
Yeah AIC was always Jerry Cantrell's band. All of their good songs, he wrote.

I dunno.Sounds like a very average Tool worship band.

They remind me too much of Tool.

Poor old Alice in Chains :(.

What the hell are you smoking?

They sound like Tool!

I call it as i hear it

I could be wrong,it's happened before.In 1998 if i recall correctly

Ive listened to the two bands back to back just to make sure I wasn't crazy. The verdict is, I ain't crazy:eek:. Tool and AiC have as much in common as Britney Spears and Opeth do.:)

Cantrells right to carry on under the AIC banner post the death of Llayne Staley .

Some say the band should have died with him ... i have always maintained it was Jerry`s band ... etc. etc.

Oh, you mean ARGUMENT! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back