Player Watch #8 Alice Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Alice Mitchell
Recruited from: Gunnedah Bulldogs
Height: 180cm
DOB: 8/8/2001
Position: Defender
Alice-Mitchel2.jpg
Sydney local Alice Mitchell put her hand up for selection after impressing throughout the Summer Series while playing for ‘Swans Red.’ A former Mosman Swans player, Mitchell moved to Gunnedah to play with the Bulldogs and went on to win their local championship in their first ever women’s team.
“Alice is a tall defender who can go forward,” Gowans said. “She has elite hands and a left foot that can find targets. We like that she takes the game on, and she works hard to grow her craft.

“We have Gunnedah volunteer Alan Martin to thank for alerting us to Alice. We watched her closely during the first game of the Summer Series and gave her some feedback on a few things to try. She executed on those in her performance in the Summer Series matches in Canberra, and that got her over the line.”

Scott-Gowans-and-Alice-Mitchell.JPG

Attachments

• Alice-Mitchel2.jpg
    Alice-Mitchel2.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Mitchell moved to Gunnedah to play with the Bulldogs

Been puzzling over this line. I assume they mean she moved to Gunnedah, so she played with the Bulldogs, not that she moved to Gunnedah for the reason of playing with the Bulldogs. Or are they some massive powerhouse in women's footy? Says their team only started in 2020? Seems like a long way to move for a country AFL side.

Been puzzling over this line. I assume they mean she moved to Gunnedah, so she played with the Bulldogs, not that she moved to Gunnedah for the reason of playing with the Bulldogs. Or are they some massive powerhouse in women's footy? Says their team only started in 2020? Seems like a long way to move for a country AFL side.
Perhaps Alice is a Sam Naismith fan ;)

:(
“Unfortunately, Alice has sustained an ACL injury in the past week and will be not able to take part in season seven. However, we believe Alice is a talent and we know she will work hard to be back for season eight. We will apply for Alice to be on our inactive list post draft and look to sign a replacement player.”

My understanding is that she moved from Mosman to join the Gunnedah Bulldogs for their inaugural season - and she helped them win the premiership in her first season! Real pity she has injured her knee and will miss this season. :(

Alice Mitchell
Recruited from: Gunnedah Bulldogs
Height: 180cm
DOB: 8/8/2001
Position: Defender
View attachment 1426257
Sydney local Alice Mitchell put her hand up for selection after impressing throughout the Summer Series while playing for ‘Swans Red.’ A former Mosman Swans player, Mitchell moved to Gunnedah to play with the Bulldogs and went on to win their local championship in their first ever women’s team.
“Alice is a tall defender who can go forward,” Gowans said. “She has elite hands and a left foot that can find targets. We like that she takes the game on, and she works hard to grow her craft.

“We have Gunnedah volunteer Alan Martin to thank for alerting us to Alice. We watched her closely during the first game of the Summer Series and gave her some feedback on a few things to try. She executed on those in her performance in the Summer Series matches in Canberra, and that got her over the line.”

Scott-Gowans-and-Alice-Mitchell.JPG

Hope she's no relation to those other Mitchell's

Hope she's no relation to those other Mitchell's
If think Tom's father, Barry was born Yarrawonga Victoria so very unlikely to be related.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It caught me by surprise to see her playing forward today. I thought she was a defender. Never seen her play before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back