Alicia Eva wins Coaching Pathway Scholarship.

Remove this Banner Ad

WolfgangV

Debutant
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
All Blacks, Darebin Falcons
A bit late in posting but congrats to Alicia Eva for winning the inaugural AFL Coaches Association Coaching Pathway Scholarship.

https://www.aflcoaches.com.au/news/evascholarship

The article mentions she was one of nine applicants. I would be fascinated to know who were the other eight. I'd take a guess and say Mel Hickey might be one given she spent last winter while recovering from her torn ACL working as Darebin's backline coach, but other than that I'm pretty much drawing a blank. Maybe Lauren Arnell? Anyone from WA, SA, QLD or NSW aware of any of the local AFLW players doing any coaching in the local state league?

A bit late in posting but congrats to Alicia Eva for winning the inaugural AFL Coaches Association Coaching Pathway Scholarship.

The article mentions she was one of nine applicants. I would be fascinated to know who were the other eight. I'd take a guess and say Mel Hickey might be one given she spent last winter while recovering from her torn ACL working as Darebin's backline coach, but other than that I'm pretty much drawing a blank. Maybe Lauren Arnell? Anyone from WA, SA, QLD or NSW aware of any of the local AFLW players doing any coaching in the local state league?
Katherine Smith has been on a coaching pathway since she was 16, so I am thinking she would have applied.

Sam Virgo got lured to the Sun's by a coaching pathway opportunity.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Just remembered, interesting little interview on Fox Footy the other week with Lauren Arnell and Brett Ratten. The former did indeed apply and missed out, nevertheless a partnership of sorts was struck up through St Kilda with Ratts mentoring her. A similar arrangement was made for all nine applicants.

The 'sponsors' will proactively assist in career development, including using their network to help create opportunities for them, as well as providing advice, help and an experienced ‘brain to pick’. Other sponsorships include:
  • John Worsfold & Alicia Eva
  • Brett Ratten & Lauren Arnell
  • Michael Voss & Marijana Rajcic
  • Brad Gotch & Emma Grant
  • Steven King & Aasta O’Connor
  • Ben Rutten & Katherine Smith
  • Scott Burns & Sarah Perkins
  • Tim Livingstone & Christina Bernardi
  • Ron Watt & Gabby O’Sullivan

Wasn't Aasta O'Connor coaching the Vic Country girls in the recent Under 18 championships?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back